Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:42 am

Poll: God of the Bible
This poll is closed.
The god of the Bible is evil.
83.33%
20 83.33%
The god of the Bible is good ... he just happens to do a LOT of horribly immoral things.
16.67%
4 16.67%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Is Evil
God Is Evil
Until recently (the last few years or so) I always felt that the false god of the bible was, of course a narcissistic douche bag, but at least he did actually represent the "good" where good and evil are recognized as opposite forces. I just sort of figured that his massive shortcomings were the result of being created by flawed, uneducated humans. I no longer feel this way. No one can get this kind of a pass for being such a horrible being.

Working from the ridiculous premise that the Bible is actually true I can only conclude the following: God is pure evil.
God is the source of evil. God even prefers evil. He perpetuates evil. God is the bad guy, and evil won.

He created the tree in the garden. (Creation of evil)
He created Lucifer, knowing full well that he would become the Devil. (Perpetuation of evil)
He didn't destroy the Devil, he put him on earth to introduce us to tons of evil. (God likes evil)
He wanted man to fall (as Drich has pointed out often) so as to continue pushing evil like a drug dealer.

On an on he went through history doing horrific things when he always knew the outcome: Abraham sacrificing his own son. The condoning of slavery and severe brutal tortures and killings for ridiculous rules. The condoned raping, forced abortions, and killing of countless women and children. Drowning the entire planet, only to rebuild it with NO changes made. On an on it goes right down to the fact that it was all still never enough - so he made hell to make sure that he can perpetuate evil throughout eternity. He made hell!! Can there be a being more evil than that??

No.
God is evil. Apologists and halfwits simply assigned him the title of "good" and then act indignant when you call his actions what they actually are.

You might as well assign me the title of Saint. It has just as much legitimacy ... maybe more, because at least I haven't killed anyone and I don't want to burn anyone with a blowtorch simply on the grounds that they've never met me and told me they loved me.

I submit that there is no greater evil than the god of the bible.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: God Is Evil
Agreed. Let's drink to that.
One of my very first arguments with my pastor was the story where god told everyone that they are not allowed to touch the ark. The ark was falling down and 2? Huys tried to stop it. God killed them (I do not remember the passage)

Me: That's mean.
Pastor: They disobeyed God
Me: But that's mean. They were just trying to help. If it were not for them the ark (arc?) would have been destroyed!
Pastor: Well, God said that if thy touched it they would die. He couldn't go back on his word.
Me: I sometimes say I will kill people when I'm angry. Does that mean that I have to kill them?

As you can imagine, the story of Noah went down even less well.

Yes, he is evil.

Edit: I am a tiny bit drunk and don't think the word ark was the correct one. If someone could help me out that would be great Smile
Any spelling mistakes are due to my godlessness!
His evil is matched only by his nonexistence, IMO.
I'm content to say he's nonexistent.

But playing along, I would say he/she/it is deeply, truly flawed. The sociopathic attributes some goat humper added to his resume have really been detrimental to his perceived creation down to the present. A twisted 'beginning' that still gets twisted.

Yeah...you could say 'evil' even.
He's good... at killing people! Hahahahaha!!

Hmmm, maybe I should get him to play battlefield with me Thinking
He created Hell in which to punish sinners for eternity.

He then set up a system designed to make humans fail to obey him, thus punishing them just for being human.

He then convinces a lot of them that they deserve no better because they're lowly humans, he's almighty God, and he created them.

He then gives people brains with which to discover and use the scientific method, and then punishes them for using it because what they discover goes against what is written in his holy book.

God is a totally evil monster.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(August 2, 2013 at 3:13 pm)ITChick Wrote: One of my very first arguments with my pastor was the story where god told everyone that they are not allowed to touch the ark. The ark was falling down and 2? Huys tried to stop it. God killed them (I do not remember the passage)

Me: That's mean.
Pastor: They disobeyed God
Me: But that's mean. They were just trying to help. If it were not for them the ark (arc?) would have been destroyed!
Pastor: Well, God said that if thy touched it they would die. He couldn't go back on his word.
Me: I sometimes say I will kill people when I'm angry. Does that mean that I have to kill them?

As you can imagine, the story of Noah went down even less well.

Yes, he is evil.

Edit: I am a tiny bit drunk and don't think the word ark was the correct one. If someone could help me out that would be great Smile

Oh, don't worry; "ark" was used correctly. Noah had an ark, and so did Moses. And so did Indiana Jones.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
If I were to read the Bible as if it were a fiction novel, I'd definitely see God as a manipulative evil. And since the poll asked about the God of the bible, I will go with yes, he is evil.

As for God in general outside the Bible, I don't know if I would consider him either "good" or "evil", because it's difficult to judge something that doesn't even exist.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

The only way this character as described could not be evil, but just do stupid shit, would be if it were not all powerful. But since it is, then it can only be considered an evil prick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 346 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 37314 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 16345 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1526 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2118 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 989 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hitler was genocidal and evil. Yahweh’s genocides are good; say Christians, Muslims & Greatest I am 25 2286 September 14, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Atheism is Evil Compared to ✠ Christianity The Joker 177 26850 December 3, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Problem of Evil (XXVII) SteveII 248 26535 June 16, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: SteveII
  Why Do We Think Slavery is Evil? Rhondazvous 96 16559 July 3, 2015 at 3:24 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink