Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is so cool!
This is so cool!
http://worldobserveronline.com/2013/08/2...ns-medics/
RE: This is so cool!
Send that kid to Professor Xavier.

I am totally jealous.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
In before the Riddick jokes start.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I'm skeptical. Trying to find more details to the story but can't, all articles seem to repeat the same things.
I've read about this before, but I think there was a lot of skepticism about his ability to see in complete darkness.

I mean think about it... to be able to see our eyes require some form of light reflecting off the objects we want to see. It would be impossible for him to see in total darkness.

I don't trust what Chinese media have to say, anyway.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Sure, he can't see in pitch black. But maybe he can see in really low light.

But yeah, never trust the Chinese media.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
From the news accounts he is supposedly able to see in total darkness, but I don't know if it's just poor journalism making the claim or what. Perhaps he can see well in low light, but no animal can see in total darkness. That's why many animals that live in total darkness in caves are evolving without eyes.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I looked back and it does claim "without any light." I guess when I first glanced at it, I automatically assumed extremely low light.

It could be an exaggeration or shoddy journalism, as you said, but given the source and the nature of the claim, I'm inclined to think this is just a sham.
It's probably exaggeration (at least) but still very interesting. With all the attention, hopefully the truth will out.
His ability to see in the dark might not be as good as we might believe. He has trouble during the daylight hours, so he could eventually prefer to live and work at night and as we know sun light is very important to humans in many ways.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool quote from Professor Richard Feynman. Jehanne 8 1332 June 25, 2022 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Cool Science-y Tidbits BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1913 May 30, 2019 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4