Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light 'em up!
Light 'em up!
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2013082...S91G1.html

Quote:Despite 75 years of federal marijuana prohibition, the Justice Department said Thursday that states can let people use the drug, license people to grow it and even allow adults to stroll into stores and buy it - as long as the weed is kept away from kids, the black market and federal property.

In a sweeping new policy statement prompted by pot legalization votes in Washington and Colorado last fall, the department gave the green light to states to adopt tight regulatory schemes to oversee the medical and recreational marijuana industries burgeoning across the country.

The action, welcomed by supporters of legalization, could set the stage for more states to legalize marijuana. Alaska is scheduled to vote on the question next year, and a few other states plan similar votes in 2016.
RE: Light 'em up!
They're supposed to start issuing licenses to marijuana producers and sellers in Washington state in a little more than three months. Nice that the feds won't stand in the way.

Unfortunately, we have a few state lawmakers who think that their personal opinion should trump the overwhelming will of the people and are trying to block it.

Fuck them.
Stone them.

And by that, I mean with rocks.
Wow finally. After years of being abysmal on this issue, something I finally support this administration on.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
As George Carlin said...."even in a fake democracy people ought to get what they want once in a while."
(August 29, 2013 at 6:37 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Stone them.

And by that, I mean with rocks.

Have you ever tried to hit someone with a rock when stoned? It's harder than you might think. Big Grin
That's why you throw in volleys.

Go down to a local mosque. I'm sure they give lessons.
I'm not walking into no mosque stoned. I get paranoid on weed...seeing all those guys ass sniffing each other could trigger a permanent break with reality.

Hmmm...though, it might be a good location for such a break.

Bring stones as gifts, huh?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In light of this past Columbus day JohnDG 15 3245 October 11, 2012 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: JohnDG