Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians, why are you hear (If you want to convert atheists read this)
Christians, why are you hear (If you want to convert atheists read this)
I'm going to put converting atheists into a simple 3 step program
1. Prove there is a god
2. Prove that it is the god of your religion
3. Prove that god is worship worthy, have at it.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Christians, why are you hear (If you want to convert atheists read this)
Baiting theists, are we? Shifty
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Dead Horse
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

These are questions Drich considers last resorts. Really, the only reason conversations between theists and atheists are even possible is because we're too kind to answer every claim with these questions.

The fact that we consider our own best points dead horses indicates that arguing with a theist is only as fair as the atheist is willing to make it fair.
I've a better question.

Christians - ignoring the reality of God can you please prove to me why exactly there are so many view points concerning a God which gave you a Holy Spirit to tell you the truth!
Rants and Raves from an Ex-Christian http://walkofthemonkeyman.blogspot.co.uk/
(September 4, 2013 at 12:51 am)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: I'm going to put converting atheists into a simple 3 step program
1. Prove there is a god
2. Prove that it is the god of your religion
3. Prove that god is worship worthy, have at it.

Proof of God according to God is not the burden of the believer. It is the promise of the Father out lined by Christ in Luke 11. We as believers can only point to the promise of God to reveal Himself to anyone who A/S/Ks

If you are looking for 'proof' then petition God as He has instructed, and you will be blessed just like everyone else who has done this.

Side note, you are aware that epericus was not speaking of the God of the bible when he first introduced his supposed paradox right? As a Greek living in 2300 years ago he would have had no knoweledge of the God of Abraham. He was speaking to the greek gods of his day.
(September 4, 2013 at 9:19 am)Drich Wrote: If you are looking for 'proof' then petition God as He has instructed, and you will be blessed just like everyone else who has done this.

Now now, Drich, don't write checks you can't cash.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I smell fish around here, I wonder if somethings fishy Dodgy

*sniffs around*
(September 4, 2013 at 9:23 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(September 4, 2013 at 9:19 am)Drich Wrote: If you are looking for 'proof' then petition God as He has instructed, and you will be blessed just like everyone else who has done this.

Now now, Drich, don't write checks you can't cash.

I've said this from the beginning. which is why I keep pointing out that asking us to provide proof of God is a cop out arguement.

Christians in mass are not bakers, they are beggers who know where to go to find bread. If you want bread then you yourself will have to follow the instructions on how to get it just like we did. we can not produce/bake the bread for you. This is something you have to do on your own.
(September 4, 2013 at 9:37 am)Drich Wrote: I've said this from the beginning. which is why I keep pointing out that asking us to provide proof of God is a cop out arguement.

Christians in mass are not bakers, they are beggers who know where to go to find bread. If you want bread then you yourself will have to follow the instructions on how to get it just like we did. we can not produce/bake the bread for you. This is something you have to do on your own.

What? Just because of your romantic view on christianity, it bares nothing in reality Drich. Your whole idea is inherently narcisistic! You speak for god, a god, something you admit to be far from. Yet you proclaim properties from such. How can't you see that?

If your analogy is true, then you christians should update, do what you preach, for once. We have bread for you (well, not the literal bread, but food for thought, bread enough you should a/s/k your majority of christians why there is enough food for the people in this world and all the true christians keep gathering fortunes). You should a/s/k yourself why do you stand for such dogma.

This does not mean to dismiss your ideas, just to say that you are allowing your ideas to be smeared by ancient dogma, from times we knew half of a shitbag we know today.

/rant

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13149 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1304 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] What would you want in a church tackattack 44 3742 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7830 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why are Christians so full of hate? I_am_not_mafia 183 17583 October 18, 2018 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Another reason why Christians go to church Alexmahone 40 4787 August 20, 2018 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3932 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10242 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15041 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2788 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus