Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debating
Debating
I am an athesit period. I Know why I do not believe. I know nothing about debating or arguing my beliefs. I don't like to debate and argue atheism or anything for that matter with anyone. I am a closset atheist. I avoid religious discussions and born again christians. Its just not in my nature to argue and debate. I have hte atitude I will believe what I believe an you can believe what you do.
I am als not sure that I am a deep as some here. I dont know a lick about the principle of debate and the various types of arguments. i just do not believe there is a god. But I feel out of place here not knowing how to debate. And nott being deep enough in my philosphical musings, I guess.
"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man" --Thomas Jefferson
RE: Debating
If you don't like to debate, then don't. You can do pretty much anything you like to do on this forum, even rude jokes are allowed. No one is forcing you to debate anyone.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(October 7, 2009 at 6:20 am)wuzzey Wrote: I am an athesit period.

What's an athesit period? Tongue

Don't feel bad about where you are. Everyone is different and we all grow and learn. It's good to be confident and it's also good to be humble and open minded.
Like leo said, you don't have to debate here if you don't want to. We have long discussions about all sorts, and you'll probably find that you'll pick up some debate techniques as soon as you find someone you disagree with Big Grin
Don't think about "debating". Just discuss what you think about it all, if you so wish. Dont even worry about debating style.

Just watch out for those who would come along and attempt to confound you by using latin phrases and hollering "Fallacy!" at every statement you make.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Yes, don't be a fool and do what Dotard does Big Grin

You get that too? Smile And does said person try to use 'big and sometimes wrongly defined words' to make themselves unreachable by the average person? Smile
(October 7, 2009 at 8:23 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Yes, don't be a fool and do what Dotard does Big Grin

Exactly ^_^ Do what the magnificent Dotard does: don't be a fool ^_^
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(October 7, 2009 at 6:58 am)leo-rcc Wrote: If you don't like to debate, then don't. You can do pretty much anything you like to do on this forum, even rude jokes are allowed. No one is forcing you to debate anyone.

Rude jokes Shock

Shocking!!

So do you have a good reason for being an atheist then?
Mark Taylor: "Religious conflict will be less a matter of struggles between belief and unbelief than of clashes between believers who make room for doubt and those who do not."

Einstein: “The most unintelligible thing about nature is that it is intelligible”
Me? Yes, I looked at the various religions and their stories and didn't believe any of them.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I ment the first poster lol
Mark Taylor: "Religious conflict will be less a matter of struggles between belief and unbelief than of clashes between believers who make room for doubt and those who do not."

Einstein: “The most unintelligible thing about nature is that it is intelligible”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Protocol for debating theists Cyberman 15 2497 November 4, 2017 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Long term advice when debating theists. Brian37 33 6927 May 6, 2015 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Debating with theists. Creed of Heresy 22 10798 April 1, 2012 at 9:40 am
Last Post: cdabamsworth
  Debating with a creationist The Omnissiunt One 12 4972 February 8, 2011 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels