Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have any women you've known ever followed the biblical order in Lev.15?

19And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. 20And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. 21And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. 22And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. 23And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. 24And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean.

25And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. 26Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. 27And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. 28But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. 29And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. 30And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Have any women you've known ever followed the biblical order in Lev.15?
Orthodox Jews follow this, I believe, minus the temple bit. If the temple is ever rebuilt, I imagine they'll feel obliged to restart that as well.
Judaism has an intense fear of blood for some reason I have never understood. It applies to menstruating women and to food mainly (Kosher meat has the blood drained out of it). For particularly religious Jewish women there are special baths they are supposed to visit whilst menstruating where they ritually wash each day of their period. They also sleep apart from their husbands during the period.

Its one madness that Christianity appears to have abandoned - plus one for followers of JC.
From what I understand, Orthodox Jews don't hold hands with their wives in public so that people won't know when she's on her period (like if they would normally hold hands but don't for a week).
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Funny how they have an apparent dislike of blood, yet their Kohanim, when dutifully employed, would be awash in it.
Lol, reminds me of a germaphobe (diagnosed by me of course) who i've had the pleasure to live with. Everything I've touched is unclean, not just during my period, but all the time.
(September 5, 2013 at 10:00 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Funny how they have an apparent dislike of blood, yet their Kohanim, when dutifully employed, would be awash in it.

Not sure what you are referring to there. Kohanim is a Hebrew plural meaning Cohens. Their role is mainly a singing one.

Are you confusing them with moel's who are the guys that perform the circumcisions?
(September 5, 2013 at 2:20 am)max-greece Wrote: Judaism has an intense fear of blood for some reason I have never understood.

Unless, of course, it's the oral sucking of blood from a baby's penis.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(September 5, 2013 at 10:58 am)max-greece Wrote:
(September 5, 2013 at 10:00 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Funny how they have an apparent dislike of blood, yet their Kohanim, when dutifully employed, would be awash in it.

Not sure what you are referring to there. Kohanim is a Hebrew plural meaning Cohens. Their role is mainly a singing one.

Are you confusing them with moel's who are the guys that perform the circumcisions?

Kohanim means priests. They are patrilineally direct descendants of Aaron. Assuming a rebuilt temple, a male 'Cohen' would resume temple sacrifices and offerings, and hence...get bloody.

I'm only a quarter Jewish, but I think I'm at least half right about the above...maybe more.
Quote:Judaism has an intense fear of blood for some reason I have never understood.

What Judaism seems to fear is women. Much like all barbarous religions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7300 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3387 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Did Jesus ever have a perm? Cod 32 4394 April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Lie Known as "Salvation" Haipule 59 8260 June 12, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Haipule
  Rebuke on Biblical Prophecy Narishma 12 1464 May 28, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Knowing god outside a biblical sense Foxaèr 60 10723 March 31, 2018 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian Rhondazvous 37 4210 February 14, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Record few Americans believe in Biblical inerrancy. Jehanne 184 22434 December 31, 2017 at 12:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 14602 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Women as priests Der/die AtheistIn 53 8321 August 4, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady