Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 12:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports section
Sports section
I know this idea was floated a while ago and the mods said they'd consider it, but I'd like to reiterate my support for having a sports section. There seem to be a fair amount of discussion about exercise and sports that pop up anyway, might as where have a coherent place to put it.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Sports section
I would be all for it, but do you think there is enough discussion to warrant it? I guess I don't feel like I see enough topics that would fit into a sports category to make it worth it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Could there be a trial to see if it gets much activity?
(September 5, 2013 at 1:09 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I would be all for it, but do you think there is enough discussion to warrant it? I guess I don't feel like I see enough topics that would fit into a sports category to make it worth it.

Maybe, I think if there was a category to place it it would encourage more discussion. Some of us would much rather talk about sports than gaming.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 5, 2013 at 1:17 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Some of us would much rather talk about sports than gaming.

Why? 0_o

I kid Tongue

To be honest I see it getting as much attention as gaming does. If not more if it got combined with fitness/exercise. I know a couple of people had threads talking about them getting fit. Seems like that fits with sport pretty well.
Perhaps, nothing to oppose here. One more forum to moderate won't make much difference now. As to creating it, its up to the guys in red Big Grin
(September 5, 2013 at 1:25 pm)LastPoet Wrote: As to creating it, its up to the guys in red Big Grin

[Image: red_ranger_team_1652.jpg]
GO STEELERS
(September 5, 2013 at 2:39 pm)Ryantology Wrote: GO STEELERS

No, just no. Fuck the Steelers.
Come on you Sounders.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the adult section? FrustratedFool 33 2539 August 26, 2023 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Serious] Human Rights Section: the voting topic WinterHold 64 6842 July 22, 2020 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Human Rights Section WinterHold 58 5671 July 15, 2020 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Reasonable way for a new section to be added Foxaèr 4 902 July 15, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Blog section? *Deidre* 112 14104 May 12, 2018 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Which would be the appropriate section for certain movie discussions Astonished 2 1229 January 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Donald Trump section in the forum. paulpablo 18 1969 December 1, 2016 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Adding a "Life Stories" section to the forum Heat 7 1835 December 2, 2015 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Heat
  Rant section DIRTY_DEEDS_93 2 1169 March 23, 2015 at 2:48 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Economics section? Something completely different 6 2396 September 29, 2013 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist