Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your team
Your team
A thread to rave about your beloved team, regardless of sport!

I support Aston Villa, mainly because I'm a brummie, they're the best team in the Midlands and my dad supports them too.

This is the crest/badge:

This is our home ground, Villa Park, one of the best stadiums in England.

And this is our beast, I mean best player Benteke!

So tell us about your team, why do you support them? Who's their best player? It doesn't have to be football remember!
RE: Your team
It doesn't have to be football? Alright, I'll do football.

NEW YORK GIANTS

I support the G-Men primarily because I was born in New York (in 10 BC, or however long ago I was born) into a family of Giants fans. The Giants are not one of the best teams in the NFL, despite their fairly good records over the past few years, including a Super Bowl win. The Giants are unpredictable. They can start out shitty and end up being great one season, or start out shitty and end up shitty. They have been the primary reason my liquor cabinet is emptied so quickly during the winter.

The logo:

Giants Stadium. I know it's New Meadowlands or MetLife or something now, but I don't give a shit. It's Giants Stadium:

The quarterback, Eli Manning: one of the greatest, yet most inconsistent players in the league. I love him, but jesus christ, fuck him:

Then the player who I believe is the best on the team as of right now, Victor Cruz:

ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

University of Oregon Ducks gridiron football.

Get out of the way, Alabama, we're taking the national title this year.
BRONCOS! All. The. Way!!!
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
I play for the other team. Wink
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: 1239897_621076867936927_2066522173_n.jpg]
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

Though I'm somewhat less proud of them after their slapass effort this week against a bad team at home, the Steelers.
(September 9, 2013 at 1:40 am)missluckie26 Wrote:

Not from Florida. I just happened to be raised in this horrible state. I was born in Maine.

(September 9, 2013 at 1:41 am)Ryantology Wrote: the Steelers.

My ex's favorite team. You should be proud they won the Superbowl recently, last year or the year before, or whenever it was.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: 1185044_621080907936523_434609935_n.jpg]

[Image: a0c3e195eeac424aadb83ad9cb985789.ashx?w=591&h=383] Seattle Sounders

[Image: Thorns.vsBoston070613.CM047.jpg] Portland Thorns

[Image: 9160564.jpeg]
SDSU Aztecs
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Washington Football Team vs Seahawks Brian37 32 1453 December 20, 2020 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Fantasy football Atheist team name SACK99 1 1656 August 5, 2014 at 1:11 am
Last Post: c172
  My Team Won the Stanley Cup!! Shell B 20 6892 June 19, 2011 at 3:45 am
Last Post: cdog