Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hello!
Hello, everyone!
Clearly I am new here.
I am a Christian who does take Genesis literally. I know a lot of you will think this is a contradiction to my last statement but I really do love science too (I deal with issues in science every day in my occupation).
Why am I here? Well, I have some arguments/reasoning that I have been mulling over lately and I don't have anyone close to me who thinks differently from me to challenge me, so I figured this might be a good place for that.
Why did I choose this forum? I looked at a couple of atheist forums and found that this one contained more civil and constructive discussions than the rest.
I guess that is it for now!!

rjh4
RE: Hello!
Welcome to the forum. No relation to our own rjh are you? Dodgy

Open up a new thread and start firing away with the questions and I'm sure you'll start a lively debate.

A good start might be why you think Genesis is literal truth, which it so very obviously cannot be Wink
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Welcome to the forums. Thanks for the compliments Big Grin We try to keep things as civil as possible around here, but don't expect many of us to go lightly on you. You'll find a lot of us (Christians included) will disagree with pretty much everything you say Tongue
(October 8, 2009 at 8:57 am)Tiberius Wrote: We try to keep things as civil as possible around here, but don't expect many of us to go lightly on you. You'll find a lot of us (Christians included) will disagree with pretty much everything you say Tongue

I know. That is what I would have expected and I am Ok with that. And I certainly do not expect that my views on things will change anybody's mind nor do I expect my own view to change. I just think that it is difficult to see flaws in lines of argument without running things past someone who disagrees with you. (And I am talking about myself, not anybody else.) So I actually look forward (at least now Wink) to hearing the reasons for disagreement (once I actually post something substantive).

rjh4
A warm Welcome then you delusional fool! Big Grin Joke

Look forward to hearing from you!
Welcome to the forum rjh4,

Wow, literal interpretation of Genesis huh? Brace yourself! Big Grin

This site is fun and we all try to play nice...

...for the most part.

Rhizo
I, for one, am looking forward to reading any thread you start up. Welcome. And by the way, the discovery of Ardi kinda throws a monkey wrench into Genesis. JMO.
binnyCoffee
Ardi? Huh

Welcome, enjoy your time here Smile Maybe you will learn something about Genesis here Wink
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Welcome! Brace yourself...
Spinoza Wrote:God is the Asylum of Ignorance
I love Genesis, particularly when Phil Collins took over from Peter Gabriel.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5990 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3647 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates