Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swimming lessons for muslim girls?
Swimming lessons for muslim girls?
Quote:A German court will rule Wednesday whether Muslim girls can be exempted from co-ed swimming lessons, an issue that has sparked many disputes. The judges must decide what takes precedence: freedom of religion or the state's obligation to educate all.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germ...21280.html

In my opinion this issue should be a no brainer. I see absolutly no reason for an excemption, essentialy simply because of a private dress code.
RE: Swimming lessons for muslim girls?
What ... your high court will rather see them drown?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(September 10, 2013 at 9:00 am)The Germans are coming Wrote:
Quote:A German court will rule Wednesday whether Muslim girls can be exempted from co-ed swimming lessons, an issue that has sparked many disputes. The judges must decide what takes precedence: freedom of religion or the state's obligation to educate all.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germ...21280.html

In my opinion this issue should be a no brainer. I see absolutly no reason for an excemption, essentialy simply because of a private dress code.

Freedom of religion should not mean freedom from consideration of human rights. Human rights should always trump cultural or religious expression.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Not learning to swim with boys? In Germany with its lovely warm beaches and year round bikini weather? Verboten! You will watch them strip, and you will swim, or else.

13 year olds? Teenagers? Co-ed swimming?

They're not asking for an exemption to maths or science, they're asking that she be excused from having to see a bunch of blokes in just speedos, a rare occurrence in most maths classes (depending on your teacher).

[Image: 212259-tony-abbott-091130.jpg]

Quite frankly I want an exemption from having to see that as well.

Huh DP? I'm reading that wrong I think, which side are you on?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
I imagine it's kind of hard to swim in a burka.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 10, 2013 at 9:34 am)Stue Denim Wrote: Not learning to swim with boys? In Germany with its lovely warm beaches and year round bikini weather? Verboten! You will watch them strip, and you will swim, or else.

13 year olds? Teenagers? Co-ed swimming?

They're not asking for an exemption to maths or science, they're asking that she be excused from having to see a bunch of blokes in just speedos, a rare occurrence in most maths classes (depending on your teacher).

[Image: 212259-tony-abbott-091130.jpg]

Quite frankly I want an exemption from having to see that as well.

Huh DP? I'm reading that wrong I think, which side are you on?

What the fuck did you just write about?!

Could you try making your point again in an understandable way, which would certainly work better when you wont try to be funny.
(September 10, 2013 at 9:01 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: What ... your high court will rather see them drown?

"Swimming" is probably not a major activity in the desert.

Oh, wait. They're in Germany, aren't they?
(September 10, 2013 at 9:36 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I imagine it's kind of hard to swim in a burka.

Whether they would need to wear a burqa would depend on their particular beliefs and age. The Muslim girls I took to the beach last month just wore scarves and swimming outfits that covered them to their knees and elbows. Equally modest outfits were often worn by American women for swimming a century ago.
[Image: ydRLVjD.jpg]
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(September 10, 2013 at 9:36 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: I imagine it's kind of hard to swim in a burka.

[Image: burkini.jpg]
The Burkini.. 'Nuff said Tongue

I say that they have to learn to swim, like everyone else. If they don't feel comfortable swimming with the rest of the pupils, I say charge for after-school swimming lessons for the rest. Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here are some fun things girls are learning Figbash 7 760 January 21, 2019 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: Figbash
  Muslim brothers. You have created our new Caliphate. Who is your new Caliph? Greatest I am 18 1740 November 20, 2016 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Let's be honest muslim ladies... ignoramus 29 3543 April 20, 2016 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Muslim Brotherhood is now a terrorist group in Egypt! Dragonetti 10 2989 December 27, 2013 at 7:54 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  The failing Muslim Brotherhood. Something completely different 9 2175 July 7, 2013 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Something completely different
  Muslim Brotherhood: Egypt "coup" may require martyrdom Faith No More 7 2194 July 3, 2013 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink thesummerqueen 14 3984 March 26, 2013 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Lessons finaly learned? Something completely different 0 713 January 19, 2013 at 7:09 am
Last Post: Something completely different
  Male student gang-raped by muslim youth for cross-dressing. Uni bans cross dressing. Autumnlicious 19 8415 December 1, 2012 at 2:16 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Louisiana Republican shocked that she voted to help fund Muslim schools. Ziploc Surprise 24 9590 July 7, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise