Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting hands and feet from opposite sides
Cutting hands and feet from opposite sides
IMO this is one of the most vile verses in the Qur'an.

Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment, - Surah Ma'ida 5:33

For a proclaimed merciful god to order crucifixion, or cutting hands/feet from opposite sides, that is anything but merciful.

Why wouldn't god's punishments be simple and quick and least painful.

To punish people with such horrible crimes is not only bad for the victim but for whoever has to usher those punishments.

What do you think is the most vile verse, if you had to choose just one?
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius
RE: Cutting hands and feet from opposite sides
what does it mean to cut from opposite sides? Is it different from just cutting it off?

I do not read the Qur'an, I've seen it practiced and I don't like it.
(September 17, 2013 at 6:33 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: what does it mean to cut from opposite sides? Is it different from just cutting it off?

It means to cut off the left hand/right foot
or right hand/left foot
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius
I find the sun shines a little brighter on days I don't open the Qu'ran. Or Bible. Sorry .
If I'm not mistaken, muslims are allowed to do a lot of shit to nonbelievers, unless of course, we live as dhimmies in "their" territories. I would be surprised if there's a part of the Qur'an that says, you cannot do A, B, C to a nonbeliever or you should be punished. Most of their "commandments", for lack of a better word, only applies to believers and how you treat other believers.
Allah is about as merciful as Hitler, except Hitler has a smaller death toll and had less sadistic torture programs.
(September 17, 2013 at 8:01 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Allah is about as merciful as Hitler, except Hitler has a smaller death toll and had less sadistic torture programs.

Well the most important difference is that Hitler was real.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 17, 2013 at 6:37 pm)AtheistCreed Wrote:
(September 17, 2013 at 6:33 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: what does it mean to cut from opposite sides? Is it different from just cutting it off?

It means to cut off the left hand/right foot
or right hand/left foot

Only barbarians live like this. No intelligent first world inhabitant should accept that this goes on still on our planet in the year 2013. If it was 1320 I could understand since most people were still educated to about what a grade 1 level?

If your god calls on your to commit violent acts and uses the word love I would challenge him any day to a shambo as long as I get to go first.
You're talking about people who still bury people halfway in the ground to stone them to death, or else push a stone wall over on them as a form of capital punishment. You know, the things that Christians here in the U.S. wish they could do to unbelievers, but usually they get more joy out of the idea of just shooting us.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 18, 2013 at 9:20 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: You're talking about people who still bury people halfway in the ground to stone them to death, or else push a stone wall over on them as a form of capital punishment. You know, the things that Christians here in the U.S. wish they could do to unbelievers, but usually they get more joy out of the idea of just shooting us.

I am the last person to defend the stupidity of christians in my own country but you just basically stereotyped them as they would you if you are an atheist.

If we cannot rise above that then what is the point?

My parents are christians even if I am not. They would never condone violence of any type and talk often about non violent solutions to peoples problems. You are basically making them to be these violent assholes ready to kill us all the day it becomes "ok". I can promise you that they would defend your life never having the need to agree with your religious or non religious views. They take no joy at violence by anyone against anyone.

why waste time even burying them by the way just put them on a boxed in street and load all the "stoners" up in a open air bus or truck and then just roll after them as they run from your fury or stones...

yes they are sick fuckers from the beginning to the end if they think violence against their own kind is the answer to anything.

Be better than this, or don't it is your choice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1934 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  'Pulling the rug' from under the feet of "peacecful believers"? ReptilianPeon 58 7649 April 22, 2015 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Finger-cutting machine from Iran. Koldaramor 11 6082 January 30, 2013 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Dee Dee Ramone
  Shiite child head-cutting darkwolf176 26 10204 October 6, 2010 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: madferit