Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:48 pm

Poll: Which region is going to take their place as Season 3's world champions?
This poll is closed.
North America
0%
0 0%
China
0%
0 0%
Korea
0%
0 0%
Taiwan/Southeast Asia
0%
0 0%
Europe
100.00%
1 100.00%
International Wildcards
0%
0 0%
Chuck Norris
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season 3 world championships (League of Legends)
Season 3 world championships (League of Legends)
Here's a link to the full tournament data, including schedule, Videos On Demand of previously completed games, options to view spoilers, team data, and general whatevery: http://na.lolesports.com/worlds/schedule/1

Hidden spoilers of events that have already happened. My unhidden writing is also spoiler-filled, so this is your warning if you care.

Thought I'd post this shit, don't know if anyone else here is interested in League yet, but it's definitely been a passion of mine for quite a while (a solid year and a half of REALLY liking it).

My hopes were on Fnatic and Gambit in the finals (because then one of 'my teams' is guaranteed victory), but it's all on Fnatic from here on out. Gambit reasonably took the first game against Black Sword... but they got outplayed hard in the second game. I was really hoping for a third game close game, but was saddened when Najin picked a strong poke-composition (very boring to watch those), and gambit didn't counter it with a hard enough dive. PrAy definitely confirmed his status as Korea's ADC all-star Tongue

If there's even a fraction of interest, I'll post the highlights (videos +picks/bans) of the tournament so far (I'm biased, of course, so Fnatic and Gambit games have more priority for me, since I'm more invested in their success (fangirl...)), explain why they're a highlight, and generally have a blast raving about a game I enjoy to the point of detriment to other gaming obligations I may posses Big Grin

Random shit that's only fun to me, because Alex Ich and Xpeke are my two favorite mid laners Tiger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oFWuj1x7yw
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: Season 3 world championships (League of Legends)
DotA 2 > League. Wink

But seriously I'd put money on the Asians or EU. I vaguely remember NA teams threw last season, but I may be wrong.

I usually don't play LoL anymore and when I do it's ARAM but add me "TheStrelok" anytime and I'll play a game or two. Got a couple friends that would probably be okay joining too for premade fun.
No creator in the heavens above (I am the lightning)
Rest your weary mind
No demons in the furnace below (I am the frenzy)
I have realized I AM GOD
(September 26, 2013 at 8:35 pm)Heir Apparent Wrote: DotA 2 > League. Wink

Their last event was certainly better than the world finals (in its construction). Riot needs to just look at better tournaments around the world (say... football), and to invest in proper soundproof booths (I would say that being somewhat removed from the crowd is more facilitating to a strong competitive environment). But I understand what they're trying to do (making esports synonymous with sports).

They're both great games. Smile

Quote:But seriously I'd put money on the Asians or EU. I vaguely remember NA teams threw last season, but I may be wrong.

NA doesn't have anything TO throw Wink Honestly, I'd have rather seen Evil Geniuses (clg.eu) and KT-Bullets and Frost and Blaze... Mineski was a poor replacement for Singapore Sentinels, and Gaminggear.eu was effectively a lower-tier NA LCS team.

Team Solo Mid, and Velocity got knocked out either in group stages. Cloud 9 (NA's best team, by far) took 1-2 against fnatic. Honestly, C9 IS a world-class team... I feel that the quarterfinals should have been best of five. Both C9 and Gambit could have very easily made it a 2/3 or 3/2, and royal club vs OMG also could have had more brilliant games (though to be fair, Riot should look to emulate IPL/IEM for not putting people from the same regions into the same bracket... because it's Worlds... an *inter-national* tournament).

The chinese and korean showing has been very strong this year.

Quote:I usually don't play LoL anymore and when I do it's ARAM but add me "TheStrelok" anytime and I'll play a game or two. Got a couple friends that would probably be okay joining too for premade fun.

Will do... I'm "Lilly", and we use Teamspeak. Server Address: 65.101.187.46

I would play DotA2, but the art style is a hard jump for me, and my standard harass is less effective than All-in nuking. I did alright with sniper, but I failed hard as the dryad (whateveritsnamed), and I was an alright zeus too... I got called a 'brood-noob' in my first game Tiny Tiger

Yes, I still remember that from like... a year ago?
Hahaha brood noob, that's pretty funny Smile

I wasn't all about playing DotA either. I had heard that the community was a lot worse than Leagues, but after I got invested into League I realized that DotA could not possibly be "worse" since my League games generally consist of someone giving FB and the game ending there because people start raging.

Since you can mute people on DotA it's not even a big deal once insult start flying. IMO the art style is quite a bit better with some genuinely cool spell effects and not every hero feels like a recycle of old ones.

That said, the lack of an instant turnaround is rough, the lack of ability to spam spells to harass in the early game takes some serious adjusting and it's just a lot harder to get used to the huge number of mechanics like denying, creep blocking, suiciding, etc.

I'm still getting used to each individual item and hero ability too, so team fights are usually a mess of stun spamming and carry nuking. They basically make every hero able to carry a game on DotA which I like. In League if your carry isn't fed and your bruisers are only semi fed, yet their carry is extremely fed, guess who lost....

I'll update my game and add you later though. I generally favor either solo lane and support, but I'm most comfortable in mid with Diana, Sindra, sometimes Annie, etc. Support Thresh or bust Wink
Rest your weary mind
I have realized I AM GOD
You can mute people on league too... I generally don't, because I'm a team player.

Don't get me wrong, I love the hero designs... I just can't stand the glowy map. It's really distracting, and colors are very 'neon'.

Every hero is 'able' to carry a game in both dota and league... but the effectiveness is *far less significant* than getting a hyper-scaling terror the items they would need to do this. Chaos Knight vs dryadthing, for instance. Getting Involker fed off his ass vs 4mandude. The marks of a good 'carry' are that naturally deal significant damage, while being somewhat difficult to kill (whether due to range, or mechanics (ranged ADCs vs Master Yi).

I, almost exclusively, play mages. I welcome assassins into my lane, wherever that lane is.

Edit: Hehe, Meepo. It's a *brilliant* design.
Meepo is for sadists and people with brains the size of super computers, otherwise known as Korean RTS players. Invoker is fun though, I do like him.

I would slightly disagree that everyone in League has the potential to carry. I'm thinking tanky supports like Leona or Mundo. You can pretty safely ignore them once all their big CD's are gone and focus on downing the rest of the team. Unless you're pairing a Leona with a fed carry, then you're screwed.

But yes I agree that far more heroes on DotA become nightmares incarnate if they get ahead. We had an enemy Skeleton King walk out of the jungle and destroy our team half way through the game (our hard carry left 30 seconds in).

When was the last time you played it? I find the colors extremely muted, and l know they have done some serious updating recently. Perhaps they've changed the maps style. The Halloween special should be coming up too, good time to try it again Big Grin

Also the new Master Yi, last I checked, was ridiculous.
Rest your weary mind
I have realized I AM GOD
Added you. That's a brutal stream of defeats in your match history XD

(September 27, 2013 at 5:45 pm)Heir Apparent Wrote: Meepo is for sadists and people with brains the size of super computers, otherwise known as Korean RTS players. Invoker is fun though, I do like him.

Meepo is for masochists Wink Burst one down.

But yeah... whenever someone's thinking about bringing up a 'skill ceiling'.....

Quote:I would slightly disagree that everyone in League has the potential to carry. I'm thinking tanky supports like Leona or Mundo. You can pretty safely ignore them once all their big CD's are gone and focus on downing the rest of the team. Unless you're pairing a Leona with a fed carry, then you're screwed.

Both of these can output very serious damage. Mundo puts it out over a long long time, from being unkillable (+sunfire cape + warmogs + tmail + hydra, etc). Leona's sunlight alone can carry if she can build enough AP.

However, again: it's significantly nonoptimal Smile

Quote:But yes I agree that far more heroes on DotA become nightmares incarnate if they get ahead. We had an enemy Skeleton King walk out of the jungle and destroy our team half way through the game (our hard carry left 30 seconds in).

Brutal. I haven't played a game with him, but I've seen streams where he's done that.

Quote:When was the last time you played it? I find the colors extremely muted, and l know they have done some serious updating recently. Perhaps they've changed the maps style. The Halloween special should be coming up too, good time to try it again Big Grin

A little more or less than a year ago. Like... december. I wouldn't mind trying it again, but i have like 252 mb hard drive space on my window's partition. I *need* to get an external memory.

Quote:Also the new Master Yi, last I checked, was ridiculous.

Regardless of the hype... he was actually somewhat nerfed in his rework. He was also nerfed on top of that rework. It's always been the same thing with yi: hard cc.

Same thing you'd do for katarina.

Or akali.

Maybe I've been particularly unaffected due to maining Malzahar Tiger

At the current state of game balance... I still find that ranged ADCs don't give up nearly enough for what they have (hence the evidently enforced ADCmeta for 2.5+ years), and the triforce was over-buffed for the World's patch (it's got several nerfs pending after the finals). Assassins have been trending for months, which edges out a number of other characters (but makes my characters only stronger choices).

I'm looking forward to season 4, for sure.
So does that mean Zed doesn't suck anymore? Last I knew he had to go "balls deep" as I like to say, and at most could bag a kill on one squishy who doesn't have flash or any other blink.

Hehe I don't even know what my match history looks like. I usually play with friends for fun, and usually two of them are drunk and one is high.

Just checked LoLKing. Seems legit. We kept getting stuck with ZERO harass comps against 4+ harass enemy champs. Those were some rough games. We should have won a couple of them. I know for sure one of them we had an AFK too. I believe that may be the Singed game. I just gave up and kept running in and flinging their fed carry back.

I should be super pro though since I've been playing DotA Smile
Rest your weary mind
I have realized I AM GOD
(September 27, 2013 at 9:09 pm)Heir Apparent Wrote: So does that mean Zed doesn't suck anymore? Last I knew he had to go "balls deep" as I like to say, and at most could bag a kill on one squishy who doesn't have flash or any other blink.

Zed never sucked. However, he retains his high skill ceiling. 90% of people playing zed probably make one believe he sucks. He is very very safe, takes whatever route he wants to get somewhere, and has massive burst potential.

Essentially, you have a 3 second window to make a play, and if you're good that play will be made almost every time, and you will rarely die. It doesn't matter if they have a blink, unless, again, you're an awful Zed. Smile

Quote:Hehe I don't even know what my match history looks like. I usually play with friends for fun, and usually two of them are drunk and one is high.

Brutal.

Quote:Just checked LoLKing. Seems legit. We kept getting stuck with ZERO harass comps against 4+ harass enemy champs. Those were some rough games. We should have won a couple of them. I know for sure one of them we had an AFK too. I believe that may be the Singed game. I just gave up and kept running in and flinging their fed carry back.

ARAM's very swingy.

Quote:I should be super pro though since I've been playing DotA Smile

Completely different skillsets Wink It'll take some adapting time.

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames semifinal going on right now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  League bennyboy 0 514 April 5, 2016 at 10:21 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  League of Legends. Iroscato 152 16839 February 6, 2016 at 11:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Rocket League Chad32 6 872 September 20, 2015 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Global Starcraft League Grand Final ReasonableRuben 1 1407 June 1, 2013 at 5:57 am
Last Post: ReasonableRuben
  Anyone play league of legends? JohnDG 10 4746 May 21, 2011 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: JohnDG