Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lingvogeometry
Lingvogeometry
Hi!
As was announced in introduction I 'm ready to present the scientific method to prove atheistic idea.

My investigation, which took 4 years, was an analysis of human language structure. By using the tools of reverse engineering and statistic big data analysis, I was able to find the correlations inherent in any language.
I have started to understand the deepest algorithmic structure of human language. With time, I understood the reason of existence of such logic structure.
I have performed tests with using of found correlations and received relatively limited amount of meanings, which were:

The ship, the horns, the cow, the cat, the fish, the horse, the god, the circle, the water

In the mean time I was reading many historical and religious books and I was excited when one by one this limited set of meanings started to appear in most of human religions.
The most significant example is the cow which image is widely used in any continent.

Sumerian – Sacred bull.
Ancient Egypt - the celestial cow Nun.
The Slavs - heavenly divine cow Zimun.
Hinduism - Sacred Cow, lunar god Soma.

The reason why the cow is so common and sacred is the shape of its horns, which was traditionally identified with the horns of crescent moon.
[Image: nnJtB49NPmY.jpg]
The Moon is the object, which ancient people were identifying as the god. It can be found in different forms in any world religion.
To continue previous example:

Islam - whose symbol is the crescent.
Christianity - the fish. The cross with crescent. The semicircle nimbus. Jesus is called Alpha. Alpha means “bull”.
Judaism – horned Moses, golden calf.
Freemasonry - angle, compass, the moon-shaped letter G.
Buddhism - the full moon day is celebrated each month. “Buddha” means enlightened. Also has a semicircle nimbus and shows horns by his hand.
Wicca - Lunar religion led by the horned god.

[Image: 6igsnR_KsMQ.jpg]

There are also many linguistic correlations, which can be discussed in case of interest.

So I came to the conclusion that all human religions came from very ancient belief, that the Moon is the god. This misunderstanding has occurred due to limited or none knowledge about the nature of our satellite.
As we still have very low information about this object, our ancient ancestors were only able to guess what is the creature, which is present everyday during all their lives. And their guesses generated the new entity which we know as the god.

Thank you for attention!
Looking to hear your opinions about above.
Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.
RE: Lingvogeometry
While your post does demonstrate the likelihood of a certain hypothesis (and I actually find it compelling), what have you actually proven?
(September 24, 2013 at 2:55 pm)Ryantology Wrote: While your post does demonstrate the likelihood of a certain hypothesis (and I actually find it compelling), what have you actually proven?

That there is no god or at least the entity which everybody calls god is not the god, even if it exists.
(September 24, 2013 at 3:00 pm)Monolens Wrote:
(September 24, 2013 at 2:55 pm)Ryantology Wrote: While your post does demonstrate the likelihood of a certain hypothesis (and I actually find it compelling), what have you actually proven?

That there is no god or at least the entity which everybody calls god is not the god, even if it exists.

In my experience, Christians (in particular) define God specifically so as to avoid any kind of naturalistic explanation (which would, naturally, lead to his existence being disproven eventually). One of them will likely stumble in at some point and ask you to prove that their own special and unique fairy tale character doesn't exist.
Looks like you are just seeing patterns where there are really just random images. Seeing as the moon is not just a shape but actually several shapes (and very common ones) it's not that surprising that ancient cultures have crescents and circles and things that look like the moon. Maybe they were just drawing random crap because they were bored. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and not an ancient moon cult that disproves god.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 24, 2013 at 3:18 pm)Ryantology Wrote: In my experience, Christians (in particular) define God specifically so as to avoid any kind of naturalistic explanation (which would, naturally, lead to his existence being disproven eventually). One of them will likely stumble in at some point and ask you to prove that their own special and unique fairy tale character doesn't exist.

In my investigations mostly I use initial texts of "holy book" and don't include comments.

The character they all talk about does exist, but it is not new entity. It is the Moon.
For example, Jesus resurrection is the allegory of every month phenomenon of “dying moon”. Before appear in form of young crescent the moon is not visible in the sky for 3 days.

Mostly all religious and other celebrations take place in the night during one of moon state day (full moon, new moon).

(September 24, 2013 at 3:20 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Looks like you are just seeing patterns where there are really just random images. Seeing as the moon is not just a shape but actually several shapes (and very common ones) it's not that surprising that ancient cultures have crescents and circles and things that look like the moon. Maybe they were just drawing random crap because they were bored. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and not an ancient moon cult that disproves god.

The thing is that they did not only draw the moon. They were singing about the bulls in the sky (Rigveda). There are no bulls in the sky, but there is a crescent which has the shape similar to the shape of bull horns.
They were singing, righting and drawing allegories for the object they don’t know anything about.
That is why there is the same situation with god which we know nothing about.
By the way, “Christ” is very phonetically close to “crescent”.
(September 24, 2013 at 2:24 pm)Monolens Wrote: Hi!
As was announced in introduction I 'm ready to present the scientific method to prove atheistic idea.

My investigation, which took 4 years, was an analysis of human language structure. By using the tools of reverse engineering and statistic big data analysis, I was able to find the correlations inherent in any language.
I have started to understand the deepest algorithmic structure of human language. With time, I understood the reason of existence of such logic structure.
I have performed tests with using of found correlations and received relatively limited amount of meanings, which were:

The ship, the horns, the cow, the cat, the fish, the horse, the god, the circle, the water

In the mean time I was reading many historical and religious books and I was excited when one by one this limited set of meanings started to appear in most of human religions.
The most significant example is the cow which image is widely used in any continent.

Sumerian – Sacred bull.
Ancient Egypt - the celestial cow Nun.
The Slavs - heavenly divine cow Zimun.
Hinduism - Sacred Cow, lunar god Soma.

The reason why the cow is so common and sacred is the shape of its horns, which was traditionally identified with the horns of crescent moon.
[Image: nnJtB49NPmY.jpg]
The Moon is the object, which ancient people were identifying as the god. It can be found in different forms in any world religion.
To continue previous example:

Islam - whose symbol is the crescent.
Christianity - the fish. The cross with crescent. The semicircle nimbus. Jesus is called Alpha. Alpha means “bull”.
Judaism – horned Moses, golden calf.
Freemasonry - angle, compass, the moon-shaped letter G.
Buddhism - the full moon day is celebrated each month. “Buddha” means enlightened. Also has a semicircle nimbus and shows horns by his hand.
Wicca - Lunar religion led by the horned god.

[Image: 6igsnR_KsMQ.jpg]

There are also many linguistic correlations, which can be discussed in case of interest.

So I came to the conclusion that all human religions came from very ancient belief, that the Moon is the god. This misunderstanding has occurred due to limited or none knowledge about the nature of our satellite.
As we still have very low information about this object, our ancient ancestors were only able to guess what is the creature, which is present everyday during all their lives. And their guesses generated the new entity which we know as the god.

Thank you for attention!
Looking to hear your opinions about above.

I think you are reaching for conclusions way beyond what available evidence implies.

First of all, I see no analysis of any language structure.

Secondly, there may be no actual connection between the cow-horns and the moon. An equally valid hypothesis is that in the ancient agricultural societies cows were one of the few domesticated animals which were the source of food and labor. Thus they became associated with the idea of a "provider" and therefore "divine". Nothing to do with moon at all.

The crescent symbol. similarly, has no relation to the cows but is a recurring feature in religions because it was a handy way to keep time. That does not imply that anyone necessarily regarded moon as god.

Regardless, even if your hypothesis was true, the concept of god has developed way beyond that idea. Which means whatever the ancient civilizations regarded as god or gods is no longer applicable today. Therefore, arguing against an outdated notion of god would not prove the "atheistic idea".

Oh look, and here I thought we were going to run short on crazy this month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9MZNEXrElw

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 24, 2013 at 3:32 pm)Monolens Wrote:
(September 24, 2013 at 3:18 pm)Ryantology Wrote: In my experience, Christians (in particular) define God specifically so as to avoid any kind of naturalistic explanation (which would, naturally, lead to his existence being disproven eventually). One of them will likely stumble in at some point and ask you to prove that their own special and unique fairy tale character doesn't exist.

In my investigations mostly I use initial texts of "holy book" and don't include comments.

The character they all talk about does exist, but it is not new entity. It is the Moon.
For example, Jesus resurrection is the allegory of every month phenomenon of “dying moon”. Before appear in form of young crescent the moon is not visible in the sky for 3 days.

Mostly all religious and other celebrations take place in the night during one of moon state day (full moon, new moon).

(September 24, 2013 at 3:20 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Looks like you are just seeing patterns where there are really just random images. Seeing as the moon is not just a shape but actually several shapes (and very common ones) it's not that surprising that ancient cultures have crescents and circles and things that look like the moon. Maybe they were just drawing random crap because they were bored. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and not an ancient moon cult that disproves god.

The thing is that they did not only draw the moon. They were singing about the bulls in the sky (Rigveda). There are no bulls in the sky, but there is a crescent which has the shape similar to the shape of bull horns.
They were singing, righting and drawing allegories for the object they don’t know anything about.
That is why there is the same situation with god which we know nothing about.
By the way, “Christ” is very phonetically close to “crescent”.

Its possible you have reasons from your research which you haven't yet shared but these seem to be a great many assumptions in what you have presented thus far. Take, for example:

"For example, Jesus resurrection is the allegory of every month phenomenon of “dying moon”. Before appear in form of young crescent the moon is not visible in the sky for 3 days."

The general explanation I have seen for this myth is that it is based on the seasonal die of crops in winter that magically come back in the spring (the time of Jesus' resurrection).

This is in-line with the Jewish passover celebration at the same time. When Jews move to the unleavened bread bit they are supposed to clean out their houses of all the old food (leavened bread from last year) and, after the passover move back to the normal diet but only on this year's foods.

Having said that the Jewish calendar is a lunar one.
The major flaw in your, um, thesis is that atheism needs to be "proven" in the first place. Atheism is a default stance taken when no evidence of any gods has ever been shown to exist. Furthermore, the fact that many gods have been invented by man's imagination throughout history means that unless someone can show evidence of the Judeo-Christian god, then most likely it is yet another imaginary god which was invented by man. At any rate, anyone claiming a god's existence must show proof, not the atheist who doesn't believe in it.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.