Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUMANAE VITAE
HUMANAE VITAE
HUMANAE VITAE
ENCYCLICAL LETTER OF HIS HOLINESS POPE PAUL VI ON THE REGULATION OF BIRTH
TO THE VENERABLE PATRIARCHS, ARCHBISHOPS AND BISHOPS
AND OTHER LOCAL ORDINARIES IN PEACE AND COMMUNION WITH
THE APOSTOLIC SEE,
TO PRIESTS, THE FAITHFUL AND TO ALL MEN OF GOODWILL

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/paul_v...ae_en.html
RE: HUMANAE VITAE
[Image: 0246.wall-of-text.png_2D00_610x0.png]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Thank you for the demonstration of "pious prattle."
TL;DR

Now tell us what you meant to say in two or less sentences, please.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Where's the patron saint of brevity when you need him?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
So, is this the new guy or one of the old ones?
This is from two popes ago dating back to 1968. Why this was posted now is anyone's guess.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
If I had to guess I would suppose that it has to do with pope Frank running his mouth the other day about birth control and shit.

The nazi wing of the church can be expected to go bird shit.
I've got a witch hunter's manual called The Malleus Malficarium which has a bulletin by one of the old popes. I should paste it here since it's just as valid. Papal infallibility and all.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
TS;DR
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould