Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request: Math expert to prove God doesn't exist.
Request: Math expert to prove God doesn't exist.
One of the problems with believing that atheism is true is that we have no remotely plausible account of our universe.

One possibile way that avoids metaphysical problems involves the use of infinites.

If actual, discrete infinites can exist in our world, then our universe can exist eternally, and does not need God to create it.

That's the gist of the argument. But to develop this further, I need someone who is familiar enough in transfinite arithmetic and set theory to help me with a few issues first. If you're one of them, hit me up.
RE: Request: Math expert to prove God doesn't exist.
(September 26, 2013 at 8:02 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: One of the problems with believing that atheism is true...

With asinine openers like this, the rest of your thread is no doubt a waste of breath.

Idiot.
(September 26, 2013 at 8:02 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: One of the problems with believing that atheism is true is that we have no remotely plausible account of our universe.

God is not a plausible account. Just because science is still in the process of seeking answers does not mean one goes directly toward the irrationally available answer out of impatience.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
As you can see, infinity is very well defined in a discreet format:
Quote:Infinity

The values +infinity and -infinity are denoted with an exponent of all 1s and a fraction of all 0s. The sign bit distinguishes between negative infinity and positive infinity. Being able to denote infinity as a specific value is useful because it allows operations to continue past overflow situations. Operations with infinite values are well defined in IEEE floating point.
I hope hope hope you do find someone with such math skills. If they can formulate the existence of a god (just guessing here) then that same exact formula will prove that unicorns exist. Kind of a catch 22 isn't it? If ya prove a god exists, then ya have to believe in unicorns. And Leprechauns, and monster marshmallows roaming the universe.
There is an ALLLL-knowing, ALLLL-powerful, inVISible being who is everywhere, who created the WHOLE universe, who lives in another dimension called heaven, who is perfect in every way, who was never born and will never die, and who watches you every minute of every day (even when you're squeezing one out on the toilet). There are also unicorns, leprechauns, Santa Claus, an Easter Bunny, and a giant purple people eater.

JUST BELIEVE IT!
Request: Douchebag to explain why the burden of proof lies with someone other than the person making the positive claim.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Lawl. Is like everybody here an idiot?

My argument is an attempt to PROVE atheism is TRUE.

Seriously, you guys are embarrassing.
2+2=4

Therefore...

god doesn't exist.

Science win! Clap
(September 26, 2013 at 9:17 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: Lawl. Is like everybody here an idiot?

Um...no you didn't ask us to prove atheism true, dipshit. You asked us to mathematically account for the universe. Not believing your claim that god did it does not require me to account for it by some other manner.

The only embarrassing thing here is your pseudo-intellectual tomfoolery.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(September 26, 2013 at 9:17 pm)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: Lawl. Is like everybody here an idiot?

Saying you want to 'prove atheism' makes you the idiot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math game Fake Messiah 47 3034 October 14, 2023 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  [Serious] What are your overall opinions on people who are idiots in math? Gentle_Idiot 41 5142 December 18, 2022 at 11:02 am
Last Post: polymath257
  I hate math Woah0 5 1013 September 25, 2022 at 5:10 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Math problem that is driving the Internet crazy GrandizerII 49 6845 April 27, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  Find the solution - Only for those who know what everybody else doesn't T0 Th3 M4X 4 1054 December 4, 2018 at 5:13 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Explain the Math - Must Be Rocket Scientist to Participate. T0 Th3 M4X 13 1885 December 3, 2018 at 7:21 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Can you cut a cake fairly to solve this middle school math problem? Whateverist 82 13613 August 7, 2017 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Why Do You Like Math? Kernel Sohcahtoa 33 5832 February 5, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Great math interaction site for "beginners" (algebra, geometry, even calculus) GrandizerII 3 1443 October 20, 2016 at 10:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Can you solve this 6th grade math problem? pocaracas 52 10716 August 15, 2016 at 10:03 am
Last Post: wiploc