Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hungary to "forbid homelessness"
Hungary to "forbid homelessness"
http://www.spiegel.de/international/euro...25822.html

Quote:The conservative Hungarian government has repeatedly targeted the homeless with its recent policies. Now a new ban on sleeping outdoors is drawing outrage and accusations of scapegoating.

Hungary has been on the road into right wing fanatic crazyness and fascism for quite a while now. Yet this new law which will come into action is on the limit of utter absurdity.

How can a country "ban homelessness"?????

One can not just simply tell a homeless person that he can no longer be homeless. The entire problem behind homelessness is the fact that these people do not have homes, I am certain that even a Drich would understand that.
RE: Hungary to "forbid homelessness"
I wouldn't bet on that.

Drippy has shown a limitless capacity for not understanding.
They should have made the law to directly target "gypsies" instead of going a roundabout way of just calling them "homeless".
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(October 3, 2013 at 1:13 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: They should have made the law to directly target "gypsies" instead of going a roundabout way of just calling them "homeless".

[Image: tumblr_m9ueguv35e1qi6a28.gif]

Reminds me of this scene from Babylon 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKL_I4pJs84
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 3, 2013 at 6:35 am)Kayenneh Wrote:
(October 3, 2013 at 1:13 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: They should have made the law to directly target "gypsies" instead of going a roundabout way of just calling them "homeless".

[Image: tumblr_m9ueguv35e1qi6a28.gif]

Reminds me of this scene from Babylon 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKL_I4pJs84
Well, to be honest, they probably constitute the crushing majority of the "homeless" pop in eastern Europe.
And giving them homes is practically dooming those homes to be used as stables for their horses and mules.
They generally use them for a while and then discard them. I think its best to accept gypsies as they are, they cannot be changed unless they are forced to do so.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(October 3, 2013 at 6:45 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, to be honest, they probably constitute the crushing majority of the "homeless" pop in eastern Europe.
And giving them homes is practically dooming those homes to be used as stables for their horses and mules.
They generally use them for a while and then discard them. I think its best to accept gypsies as they are, they cannot be changed unless they are forced to do so.

This is a matter I have to stay out of as much as possible, since I'm really biased. The Finnish gypsies are unfortunately one of the biggest group to get government subsidies, while they try to avoid as far as possible to give anything back. Most of the organized crime around here involves this particular group. And I can't stand their chauvinistic and highly religious values. But, I still think it's not the proper way to ban a whole demographic, because still, there are decent gypsies that have done nothing to deserve such treatment. I can however agree that there will be no change as long as things continue this way.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 3, 2013 at 6:51 am)Kayenneh Wrote:
(October 3, 2013 at 6:45 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, to be honest, they probably constitute the crushing majority of the "homeless" pop in eastern Europe.

This is a matter I have to stay out of as much as possible, since I'm really biased. The Finnish gypsies are unfortunately one of the biggest group to get government subsidies, while they try to avoid as far as possible to give anything back. Most of the organized crime around here involves this particular group. And I can't stand their chauvinistic and highly religious values. But, I still think it's not the proper way to ban a whole demographic, because still, there are decent gypsies that have done nothing to deserve such treatment. I can however agree that there will be no change as long as things continue this way.

Well, I myself know a couple of decent gypsies. True, they don't really value education or anything too much, but they are musicians and they make good music too-though as a people, gypsies generally don't hold any other allegiance than to their own.
The few that are decent already live in a ghetto or slum, not nomadic, yet those places too are those of crime and illiteracy, and gypsy women tend to marry very young, not many actually strive to get an education because they wouldn't know what to do with it.
Sweeping dirt under the rug doesn't make your house any cleaner. What a shit deal these poor people are being dealt.
(October 3, 2013 at 7:24 am)Captain Colostomy Wrote: Sweeping dirt under the rug doesn't make your house any cleaner. What a shit deal these poor people are being dealt.

Well, when you try to sweep them out of your house, people suddenly scream "racism!". So, what are we ought to do with dirt? Sprinkle it everywhere so that we're sure that we've given dirt the right to be dirt?
In most areas of the US it is also illegal to be asleep in outdoor areas like parks and alleyways. You have to go out into the countryside in the US to avoid the cops harassing you for being homeless in the US.

I've spent some time researching homelessness in America and even found a forum about homelessness.

Yes, even the homeless in America can access the internet. Some go online in public libraries, friend's computers, or are people that used to be homeless or are about to become homeless.

It's horrible how we treat them.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homelessness Prof.Lunaphiles 11 885 April 12, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A Moral Dilemma RE Homelessness Zazzy 39 7557 December 18, 2013 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious