Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA Reboot
USA Reboot
[Image: tkm8.png]
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: USA Reboot
Yes. Then you people will watch the European version of Breaking bad.

Walt gets cancer. Social security covers all the treatment costs. The end.
Sounds a little dull though, TGAC.
(October 5, 2013 at 11:40 am)Minimalist Wrote: Sounds a little dull though, TGAC.

Well....

Since Walter White is a teacher and therefor a state employee he can demand a pention to payed for his wife after his death. Even as a teacher in a private school the state would have to pay that pention since he is an educater.

As cofounder of a profitable buisness which created jobs and pays taxes I believe he would also be entitled to a pention which would be payed to his wife.

Since his wife is a housewife who occasionaly works she is entitled to mother benefit payments from the state aswell as a mothers pention.

And until both children are 25 the mother is entitled to 500 euros per kid.

The European Breaking Bad would be a dull show showing the mechanisms behind the Ezropean social safety network. I guess it would also vary very much from state to state from alot of benefits in the French version to hardly any benefits in the UK version.
European? I knew it! Portugal is an island. Do not mistake your pampered German ways to the rest of the union. We still have universal healthcare, no thanks to your precious union. Oh, and say hi to Angie. Now that he has kissed ass through the German election, mabe she would take responsability for all the harm she has done.
(October 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm)LastPoet Wrote: European? I knew it! Portugal is an island. Do not mistake your pampered German ways to the rest of the union. We still have universal healthcare, no thanks to your precious union. Oh, and say hi to Angie. Now that he has kissed ass through the German election, mabe she would take responsability for all the harm she has done.

I am not relying on the union.

Social safety networks and social healthcare is in place all across the continent from scandinavia to the bosporus to the meditaraine. If I were so much relying on a union I would advocate a single gian network - which doesnt exist. These networks may be different from nation to nation (being very big in France, smaller in Germany, and probably on the way to being abolished in the UK) but in concept they are all the same.

Which is why I feel comfortable when speaking about a "European model".

Practicaly speaking, this kind of phrase is of course wrong. Since countries outside of Europe such as Japan also have this system.
Good, I thought you had pride on the EU, that is just a scam. The German social network might be as you say, but ours is deteriorating due to the 'invisible hand of the market' telling us that we have to produce more at 1/4th of the european average wage. You know, equality.
(October 5, 2013 at 12:23 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Good, I thought you had pride on the EU, that is just a scam. The German social network might be as you say, but ours is deteriorating due to the 'invisible hand of the market' telling us that we have to produce more at 1/4th of the european average wage. You know, equality.

Oh I am in support of the EU, but wont discuss it here since it is the wrong thread.
(October 5, 2013 at 12:25 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Oh I am in support of the EU, but wont discuss it here since it is the wrong thread.

Of course you are. Yes, it is the wrong thread and time, I just felt the need to point out that not all of europe is a sea of roses.
I gave you a kudo because you made me laughed.