Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hammer unflavored drink mix
hammer unflavored drink mix
Anyone have any experience using this stuff? I am specifically interested in the unflavored version – not any of the flavored varieties. I don’t like sweet stuff and am intrigued by the prospect of a drink mix that isn’t sweet but when I am exerting hard I feel like I actually need sugar even though I don’t really want it. But maybe I don’t really need it and just think I do? All the other sports drink stuff I have tried has been sweet and I have to force myself to drink it (and usually have to water it down). This stuff only has about 4 grams of sugar and I am just worried that it’s too low. Normally I avoid sugar so normally I would be thrilled to see something having low sugar but in this case it’s kind of concerning. I am currently using Accelerade which has about 20 grams of sugar. It seems to work well for me but again I have to make myself drink it. I only use it on very long rides when I feel like I have to have it. For reference, I am into doing long endurance mountain biking events/races exceeding 5 hours.