Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just wanted to ask a question
Just wanted to ask a question
Hello my fellow Atheists, I just wanted to ask if any of you ever feel lonely as an atheist at times. I know that this happens to be occasionally. But will atheistforums.org be the cure for my loneliness?
RE: Just wanted to ask a question
Sometimes I feel lonely.

But most often not because I don't really discuss religion with any of my friends. I know what some of them believe, but I think the majority of them are agnostic, though they don't stop to think about what they are.
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
(November 5, 2013 at 10:42 pm)Owlix Wrote: Sometimes I feel lonely.

But most often not because I don't really discuss religion with any of my friends. I know what some of them believe, but I think the majority of them are agnostic, though they don't stop to think about what they are.

Thank you
Welcome!

No, not really. I'm quite asocial, though. I can understand why one would feel lonely though...particularly if their worldview is at odds with those around them. A forum of like minded individuals can help.
I'm a lonely person. I know people IRL, but most of them are normal, and I'm not. AF keeps me company when I am not at a meetup session, bar by myself, or playing with my kids.

Welcome, kid!
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Not really, I'm an introvert by nature so I'm pretty alright with it. Welcome though!
I feel lonely pretty much all the time. But for personal reasons, not as an atheist. The loneliness would still be there even if I identified as anything else; especially theist, when I'd be exchanging loneliness among people for loneliness with an imaginary friend. Not much of a swap, really, is it?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hugs stimbo*

This guy is one of the reasons AF is so dear to me. I made good friends here, as weird as that sounds.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
You can feel lonely in a room full of people.

I enjoy being alone with myself, as much as being with like minded people.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I feel lonely, but not as an atheist. I know plenty of other atheists. I just don't know any other lesbians, at least not single ones.