Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Evidence of Evolution in Action
More Evidence of Evolution in Action
as if it were needed.

http://news.yahoo.com/scientists-dinosau...14993.html

Quote: (Reuters) - Scientists in Utah say they have discovered Tyrannosaurus rex's "great-uncle," a massive predator with a thick skull and large teeth dubbed the "king of gore."

Bones of the 24-foot (7.3-meter) -long dinosaur, slightly smaller than T. rex and older by about 10 million years, were unveiled at the Natural History Museum of Utah in Salt Lake City on Wednesday, and an announcement of the species discovery was published in the scientific journal Plos One.
RE: More Evidence of Evolution in Action
I doubt very much it will help. With the mountains of evolution evidence already available, this bit of additional evidence - though important in itself - isn't going to do anything to change the views of the willfully ignorant who choose to deny biological evolution.

No, they'll continue on as they always have, with pig-ignorant statements like, 'Why are there still monkeys?' and 'Dogs don't give birth to cats.'

Sad, sorry, stupid people.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 7, 2013 at 1:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: as if it were needed.

Quote: (Reuters) - Scientists in Utah say they have discovered Tyrannosaurus rex's "great-uncle," a massive predator with a thick skull and large teeth dubbed the "king of gore."

Bones of the 24-foot (7.3-meter) -long dinosaur, slightly smaller than T. rex and older by about 10 million years, were unveiled at the Natural History Museum of Utah in Salt Lake City on Wednesday, and an announcement of the species discovery was published in the scientific journal Plos One.

Those too undoubetedly ate bananas peaceably on a big boat during the flood.
They will use one of the following:

1. It's still a dinosaur. Show me a dinosaur giving birth to a human.
2. Scientists just made up the new dinosaur based on bones of smaller T-Rex's.
3. Dinosaurs didn't exist and those bones were put in the ground by God/Satan to make the earth look older than it is.
4. It's just another dinosaur which drowned in the Great Flood.
5. The Paluxy tracks still show that man lived at the same time as the dinosaurs.
6. <insert brain dead creationist argument here>
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Quote:Sad, sorry, stupid people.

It isn't about them. They are fucking hopeless.
(November 7, 2013 at 2:26 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: 6. <insert brain dead creationist argument here>

6. "Show me where there are dinosaurs in the bible."
(November 7, 2013 at 2:54 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote:
(November 7, 2013 at 2:26 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: 6. <insert brain dead creationist argument here>

6. "Show me where there are dinosaurs in the bible."

The right answer is "The bible is a dinosaur".
(November 7, 2013 at 2:25 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(November 7, 2013 at 1:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: as if it were needed.

Those too undoubetedly ate bananas peaceably on a big boat during the flood.

The thing that always bothered me about the fairy tale about Noah's Ark is who was his plumber? I mean, that guy must have been a real genius. If they could prove that guy actually existed, I'd almost be willing to believe! Almost. Undecided
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Either that or the stench from the ark would have curdled mt Ararat at the end of the year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" Foxaèr 1 324 September 10, 2018 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  What is evidence? Arkilogue 50 7772 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Evidence of ET? Jehanne 54 7412 December 19, 2015 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Evidence vs proof? IanHulett 20 3841 December 14, 2015 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Empirical Evidence for Multiverse Neo-Scholastic 88 13344 December 10, 2015 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Evidence against creation Neber 51 14370 April 20, 2015 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: Surgenator
  Can you give any evidence for Darwin's theory? Walker_Lee 51 9751 May 14, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Evidence for the Culprit in the Late Bronze Age Collapse in the Levant Minimalist 0 973 February 14, 2014 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  More Evidence...as if it were needed...that White Evangelicals Minimalist 18 5369 January 5, 2014 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: là bạn điên
  Would this be decent evidence for reincarnation? Zone 58 17235 September 19, 2013 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Brian37