Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 4
Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 4

This is hilarious! If you're familiar with Hellsing Ultimate Abridged I think this is the best one yet IMO. I haven't laughed this hard in so long. Enjoy.
RE: Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Episode 4
[Image: bqiAs8l.png]

Yep, I love these things. Too bad there's only like one of them a year. The humor kind of reminds me of Archer, but with vampires. Big Grin

Also, the original Hellsing Ultimate is pretty awesome too!

Edited to add: The only thing I'm not crazy about is what they did with Rip van Winkle, who was one of my favorite one-act villains from the original series, and here... spouts old memes and makes a half hearted stab at feminism. It's not great.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Yeah, the Rip van Winkle bit was weak and only two funny moments came in reaction of it, Alucard's rant near the end and the Portal reference going over people's heads, and I can only speak for myself there. They have a year to flesh these things out, which is longer than any other abridged series out there so it's a little disappointing.

I've seen all the Hellsing OVAs and they're awesome! I just can't remember where the English dubs left off, four I think.
(November 9, 2013 at 2:31 am)ToriJ Wrote: Yeah, the Rip van Winkle bit was weak and only two funny moments came in reaction of it, Alucard's rant near the end and the Portal reference going over people's heads, and I can only speak for myself there. They have a year to flesh these things out, which is longer than any other abridged series out there so it's a little disappointing.

I actually sort of like it more when they don't take the threat out of the villains in the process of making them funny; I actually started watching the OVAs because of how funny/cool Jan Valentine was back in episode 2 of the abridged stuff. That said, once Alucard actually shows up on the ship and Rip's having her meltdown, it doesn't seem like there'd be much content to pull out of that, so maybe they did the best they could with what they had.

Quote:I've seen all the Hellsing OVAs and they're awesome! I just can't remember where the English dubs left off, four I think.

The dubs stopped at four when the license holder went out of business, and stayed that way for years. Luckily, Funimation rescued the series from obscurity, and now we have english dubs for episodes five through eight, too, with the original cast returning. I think nine and ten are on their way, if not finished; these things always come to Australia later than anywhere else.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
The great thing about Jan is they didn't have to change the character at all.

And really? That's awesome! I'll have to look those up some time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halloween episode of a favorite British sitcom of mine Edwardo Piet 0 903 October 30, 2015 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Ultimate Embarrassent Rhondazvous 37 3979 August 21, 2015 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Karl Pilkington's Ultimate Animal Skipper 2 3108 May 23, 2011 at 2:15 am
Last Post: bbrettle