Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An intro from a noob
An intro from a noob
Okay, it's been a while since I've done this. How to begin.

Hi, I'm Beccs and I'm an alcoho . . .

Damn, wrong place!

Righty. I'm Beccs, short for Rebecca.

I'm an atheist who has been so since around the age of 13 when I gave up on Catholicism for reality.
I'm 28 (about to hit 29, AND ALSO THE ANNOYING GUY ACROSS THE ROAD IF HE DOESN'T SHUT HIS BLOODY DOG UP)

I'm from Sydney but currently reside in Kiwiland.
I think I'm smarter than I possibly am (though I debate a lot with creationists and that would make anyone feel like a genius)

I'm a smartarse and I swear far too much.

Oh, and I think I'm funnier than I actually am.

So, HI ALL!

4 Horsemen
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: An intro from a noob
Hiya Beccs, great to have your smartass along and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

You may stay.
lol now here's my kinda people!
Welcome to the circle, Becca.

Forgive my ignorance, is kiwi land New Zealand?

Second question, do you want to be in the bunny club? No member dues, we never meet, and once you're in you can never get out! But is fun. Mostly for me. Because you must kudos me and Rep me mandatorily, and post your avatar as a bunny for 24 hrs. Is it worth it? I say yes Big Grin
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Hi Beccs. Welcome :-)
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Noob with a badge! I love it Welcome (back?)
(November 9, 2013 at 5:37 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: Noob with a badge! I love it Welcome (back?)

Yeah, I joined over a year ago, got busy and forgot and then was reminded when I looked up a quote from FSTDT.

Confusedhock:
Dying to live, living to die.
Hi! And welcome! There's already a Becca here, though, so you're gonna have to change your name :p
(November 9, 2013 at 4:55 pm)Beccs Wrote: Oh, and I think I'm funnier than I actually am.

So, HI ALL!

4 Horsemen

So do I! Especially on Twitter! Don't ever friend me on there. :p

Welcome! An old family friend expatted from here (San Diego) to Kiwiland and seems to love it over 20 years on (Dunedin, Otago).

Have fun here.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Welcome to our little coop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro DocIllinois 14 1206 August 6, 2021 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belated intro Dom 20 1744 September 29, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Intro Reltzik 21 1002 September 26, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Intro Bow Before Zeus 15 1890 November 14, 2017 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  intro JamieBra 28 5165 September 23, 2017 at 5:17 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  MY INTRO rjh4 is back 7 1316 August 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Intro Court Jester 25 5001 June 24, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: KerimF
Bug I guess I should intro Monkeybuttorama 21 3888 May 26, 2017 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Caligvla XXI
  intro Otisknows 17 2433 February 6, 2017 at 12:02 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Slightly Generic and Dramatic Intro Thread Redoubtable 16 3380 February 5, 2017 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Otisknows