Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Existential comics
Existential comics
http://existentialcomics.com/comic/1

This is my younger brother's comic about philosophy. My very biased opinion is that it's excellent.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Existential comics
That was awesome. xD
Feel like some people don't respond well to links.

[Image: 1-machine.jpg]
[Image: 2-machine.jpg]
[Image: 3-machine.jpg]
[Image: 4-machine.jpg]
[Image: 5-machine.jpg]
[Image: 6-machine.jpg]
[Image: 7-machine.jpg]
[Image: 8-machine.jpg]
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Existentialism is not philosophy.
I like them...and yet they concern me. Minus the time machine bit that comic pretty much sums me up. Ok, I haven't been homeless due to my existentialist and other pain in the ass thoughts but only because I hid my despair well through those terrible young adult years.

God... I mean not God or god but god as in 'gawd' (that's a lot of gods). Aw hell, let's just go with shit.... shit, is that what all this thinking leaves me with? Am I the next smiling old man on the death bed?!
(December 1, 2013 at 11:22 pm)Sleepy Wrote: Existentialism is not philosophy.

You know what philosophy is then?
Genius.
There was actually a great episode of the Outer Limits from 2001 (episode 8, season 7) called 'Think Like a Dinosaur' with a very similar plot to the cartoon, with some of the same questions asked.

Basically, Dinosaur-like aliens have set up an installation on the moon to teach humans interstellar teleportation. When an accidental duplicate of a woman is created by the teleportation process, it creates an ethical dilemma.

In other words, the teleporation process creates a duplicate at the destination, and automatically destroys the original. The transporter malfunctions and does not destroy the original. The human (played by Enrico Colantoni) is ordered to destroy the original after having fallen in love with her.

Well worth the time to watch.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Existential Inertia vs. Sustaining First Cause GrandizerII 8 1148 August 24, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Dealing with existential nihilism Angst King 113 17919 April 2, 2017 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Existential Import Mudhammam 9 1971 April 5, 2015 at 5:02 am
Last Post: Pizza
  The Existential Fallacy Pizza 6 2297 March 20, 2015 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Does this work express the feelings of existential angst shakuntala 1 822 November 21, 2014 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut