Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People here are insulting me.
People here are insulting me.
I just joined several days ago, haven't started that many threads or responded in many threads yet people here are insulting me from the beginning.

Is this allowed in the forum? If so, then can I insult them back?
RE: People here are insulting me.
(November 24, 2013 at 8:19 am)I and I Wrote: I just joined several days ago, haven't started that many threads or responded in many threads yet people here are insulting me from the beginning.

I haven't seen it myself but as long as there is reasoned discussion go for it.

Example "you are an idiot" may be frowned on but "you are an idiot because..." (insert reason for idiocy), will be better tolerated.

Caveat: The first usage may still be acceptable if you have just made a particularly stupid post.

Context is everything.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Slavishly adhering to a retarded ass claim will get you this sort of response, I and I.

Duh.
(November 24, 2013 at 8:19 am)I and I Wrote: I just joined several days ago, haven't started that many threads or responded in many threads yet people here are insulting me from the beginning.

As long as a member's conduct is not in specific breach of the forum rules, it is, generally, not moderated by the staff. There is a link to the rules of the forum at the top right of each page, just under the link to "Top Posts" (non-mobile forum skin). The specific rules regarding these aspects of member conduct have undergone significant change recently, but in their impact are largely unchanged (). If after reading the provided material, you still have additional questions, feel free to further elaborate in the thread you've created, or you may contact a member of staff such as myself for additional clarification.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Re: People here are insulting me.
Oh hey, someone came here last night and warned us about you on the shout box. Do you just go from site to site and try to get banned?
FYI: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-I-banned

I know you were warned by one individual, but I figured you'd want the reasoning behind it...speaks for itself really.
[Image: crying-baby.jpg]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Could be because they know you from elsewhere. Angel
(November 24, 2013 at 10:49 am)houseofcantor Wrote: Could be because they know you from elsewhere. Angel

Yeah, karma's a bitch. [Image: coffeedrinker.gif]
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
Amazing how that works! At least it's now proven that one group isn't just a big bunch of unfair meanies.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are people here too rude? FrustratedFool 106 6065 December 9, 2023 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr