Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notifications
Notifications
It'd be cool if there was a notification badge like Facebook has every time you get a new kudos from someone. Imagine a little red square with a number next to the "My Kudos" link. That way you don't have to refresh the "My Kudos" page every 5 minutes to see if you have any new ones.

You could do this for the "My Posts" page too. I'd prefer it over email notifications.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Notifications
You recently got a new one from me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
You got one from me too.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

I hope that Syn has learned the tactic of drinking heavily.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Kudo whores. The lot of you.
I am considering it. I would like to see a mock up of what you envision and an explanation of why people would not get annoyed at a red number bubble always demanding their attention.

(November 28, 2013 at 1:46 pm)apophenia Wrote:

I hope that Syn has learned the tactic of drinking heavily.

"""
Q: How many PHP programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: TRUE.
"""
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(December 3, 2013 at 10:38 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I am considering it. I would like to see a mock up of what you envision and an explanation of why people would not get annoyed at a red number bubble always demanding their attention.

When you get a lot of kudos:

[Image: i5xPG2R3hW764.png]

[Image: iq0av5LI6DTCr.png]

When you don't get a lot of kudos

[Image: i1bXDXVFy6e42.png]

[Image: iypcuqf34Ogo6.png]
My ignore list

"you're just misunderstood"

haha

How about
"The world doesn't want you anymore"
or
"maybe try a theist forum"

On the positive side
"There IS a reason you come to this place!"
and
"Who got kudos? This guy" which would bring the p.c. thing into it but I'd think it's funny even though I'm a chic.
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
(December 3, 2013 at 10:38 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: I would like to see a mock up of what you envision and an explanation of why people would not get annoyed at a red number bubble always demanding their attention.

Maybe there could just be an on/off setting each user can adjust to set whether or not to receive notifications, and possibly even for how often/minimum # of kudos on a post for you to be notified of it.

Bearing in mind I have no idea how difficult this would be to do.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
The mock ups are a bit kludgey and inelegant. Displaying messages seems awfully intrusive, things that even a Facebook avoids.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Notifications thesummerqueen 5 1166 April 30, 2015 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Not getting email notifications Ben Davis 5 2603 March 6, 2012 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Ben Davis