Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:59 pm

Poll: Do you believe in aliens?
This poll is closed.
Yes
71.43%
10 71.43%
No
0%
0 0%
I'm not sure.
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you believe in aliens?
Do you believe in aliens?
Do you think there is life on other planets?
RE: Do you believe in aliens?
Given the abundance of water in our own solar system and the small factors that contribute to life arising, I think the chance that life does not exist somewhere else in the universe is very remote indeed.
(October 13, 2008 at 8:05 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Do you think there is life on other planets?

I think the chances are good that there is life though I don't believe in any of this UFO crap. I also think it unlikely we'll find intelligent life in this galaxy.

Kyu
yes, there's also life on this planet

though it might be hard to believe for some..Big Grin

but seriously a very high chance of thousands x thousands of planets with life forms
Atheist = Realist
Theist = Arealist
I'm not sure. I'm leaning towards 'yes' based on the vastness of the universe, but it's difficult to accurately assess the probability.

I certainly reject the preposterous stories they use to sell papers and such.
"Evolution isn't a matter of belief. It is a scientific fact that you can either accept, or you're an idiot." - My humble self.

Come along to Herd-of-Cats to talk about whatever the hell you like.
I believe purely on statistics Aliens do exist. I do not believe they were ever here, I don't believe they are the starters of life's chain reaction on this planet either. But the odds are hugely in favor of life existing on different planets.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(October 29, 2008 at 9:08 am)leo-rcc Wrote: I believe purely on statistics Aliens do exist. I do not believe they were ever here, I don't believe they are the starters of life's chain reaction on this planet either. But the odds are hugely in favor of life existing on different planets.
I'm with you on that.
I had to clarify my Yes vote given I only had Y,N and DN

Mathematically, alien life is very likely to exist somewhere.

Do I believe that intelligent, technologically advanced aliens have been coming to earth, kidnapping people and doing bizarre stuff to them.

No.
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
(October 29, 2008 at 12:42 pm)StewartP Wrote: I had to clarify my Yes vote given I only had Y,N and DN

Mathematically, alien life is very likely to exist somewhere.

Do I believe that intelligent, technologically advanced aliens have been coming to earth, kidnapping people and doing bizarre stuff to them.

No.
Yeah, its a shame that aliens are so often stereotyped with this whole "UFO" or "Martian" BS, when I say aliens, I just mean any aliens whatsoever, not anything specific. And I don't include all this UFO shit that there's no evidence for. Only the evident stuff.
Has anyone seen this footage? It is Nasa footage and I'd be interested to know what anyone here thinks of it!!

[youtube]fOv5-kApPkE[/youtube]

I've watched all the parts and they are absolutely fascinating. I don't hold with everything David Sereda says, but on this subject he seems to have some interesting 'proof' for us to study.
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you believe in behavioural modernity? dazzn 23 6871 May 18, 2013 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  So you believe in evolution.. power 131 47394 December 26, 2011 at 12:59 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Aliens - Are they out there? Have they visited us? And related questions -KT 50 15714 December 17, 2010 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Violet