Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satanism - the stupidest religion
Satanism - the stupidest religion
"We don't believe in Satan. We don't believe in hell. Here's how you summon Satan out of Hell. Astrologers taught us how to do it using magic."
RE: Satanism - the stupidest religion
I'm no expert on satanism but I'm pretty sure you pulled that interpretation out from your ass.
Yeah, I don't think Satanism is what you think it is.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I've heard that many Satanists worship a kind of ideal that he represents. He's similar to Prometheus, giving a gift to Humans that they needed to rise as a people. There's a good case for Yahweh being a bad person, and the Tower of Babel story is a good indicator that he didn't care for his people to rise up independently. He wanted worship more than he wanted his creation to grow and be more like him.

Christians depict Satan as an evil person, but the only thing he did was oppose a guy whose atrocities have driven away many people from the christian faith.

It's just the anti authoritarian ideal that satanists like, more than worshiping an individual.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'm talking specifically about "Laveyan Satanism." I pull my "interpretation" from their "satanic bible," in which LaVey claims that magic is real, and in the "Book of Belial" explains how to summon "Lucifer" from hell by performing rituals and reading "The Enochian Keys," (Enochian is a made-up language "revealed" by mystics).
Satanism doesn't seem to have that much to do with the Satanic Bible. All the Satanists I've encountered are basically atheists who take all that stuff as metaphorical. I've met some pagans like that too, but the majority of those seem sincere in their belief in the supernaturall.
LaVeyan satanism is basically just a philosophy. The rest of it is just to keep people interested whilst propping up the laughable persona that LaVey adopted. It's no more satanic than ice cream. He only called it that because "fleecing teenagers" is far too obvious even for him
Clearly you didn't even read the Satanic Bible, as if you did you would have know that LaVey used ritual simply for emotional release. He even says in the Satanic Bible that the difference between Satanic and other religious ceremonies is that the Satanist knows his "magic" isn't actually going to do anything. Actually do your fucking research before jumping to conclusions. Actually try reading the Satanic Bible & look here as well:

http://www.churchofsatan.com

Also, most Satanists are adults, not teenagers.
Satanism, unlike most religions, actually encourages critical thinking. The most stupid religion would probably be scientology, since it is literally based on a science fiction book.
Satanists are sociopaths in clown suits.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanism is the ONLY Rational Religion EgoRaptor 70 24979 July 5, 2015 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Satanism vs. Christianity xXcadeXx 19 5030 January 1, 2015 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand