Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godditit
Godditit
I was out today for the first time in a while, and I noticed something.

It is not the first time I have ever become aware of it, but it is something that popped in my mind as I experienced it.

I watched as the wind moved the branches and leaves of trees, as though the trees had lives of their own, and I continued to watch as the wind caused leaves and small debris on the ground to move about as though those small objects had lives of their own.

As I watched this, my rational mind knew that it was the wind behaving in accordance of what an irrational mind would most likely perceive as magic.

That is how primitive man viewed the world: magical. He saw magic and gods in everything that his simple mind could not comprehend.

The magic persists today, in the form of religion.

The title should read Goddidit. Left out a "d".
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Godditit
(December 9, 2013 at 10:22 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: I was out today for the first time in a while, and I noticed something.

It is not the first time I have ever become aware of it, but it is something that popped in my mind as I experienced it.

I watched as the wind moved the branches and leaves of trees, as though the trees had lives of their own, and I continued to watch as the wind caused leaves and small debris on the ground to move about as though those small objects had lives of their own.

As I watched this, my rational mind knew that it was the wind behaving in accordance of what an irrational mind would most likely perceive as magic.

That is how primitive man viewed the world: magical. He saw magic and gods in everything that his simple mind could not comprehend. The magic persists today, in the form of religion.

The title should read Goddidit. Left out a "d".

It was Odin.

Giving credit to the imaginary being worhsipped by Christians is blasphemy to the allfather.

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.
No, it was Jimmy the Wind God, you blasphemous heretic.
The title should read goddidshit.

I'm distracted by the fact that the thread title has 'tit' at the end of it, and I can't seem to see anything beyond that.

I really need to get laid.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Kit, I know exactly what you mean. We are so hardwired to see this stuff!

One of my A-HA moments about intelligent design was @ 2 years ago, with my friend's kid, when he was about 3 and learning the alphabet. He kept finding sticks on the ground shaped like letters, and getting really excited, and holding them up and screaming "Y!" or "J!"

Because he was obsessed with the alphabet at the time, the WHOLE WORLD was FULL of alphabet letters waiting for him to identify them. He could see them EVERYWHERE!

And I realized that this is the mindset of ID.
Just like how Christians see the face of Jesus in a taco. What's funny is that Muslims never see the face of Jesus in anything.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

You cant see air but you know it is there.

Bullwinkle "HEY ROCKY, Wanna see me pull bullshit out of my ass?"
(December 10, 2013 at 4:42 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Just like how Christians see the face of Jesus in a taco.

I'm sure that many a young man has perceived the glory of god in a "taco."

Though I do wonder about people who show up in droves when some housewife in Podunk is featured on the news because a moldy patch on the fridge "looks just like the Virgin Mary." Because yeah, that's how god decided he would tell the world of his existence. By wiping his armpit on someone's appliances.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould