Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School project
School project
As a project for school, I need to interview someone who classifies themselves as a non-Christian, and naturally I assume I can find someone like that here. I'm not here to try to change anyone's views, just to ask some questions and mainly learn about different beliefs. If anyone would be willing to allow me to interview them that would be great. Thank you.
RE: School project
What school and what class?

Hope you're wearing The Armor of God; lots of Satanic powers at play round these parts. Devil
Well, we generally like to have this kind of stuff cleared by the staff before it is allowed, but perhaps you could elaborate on exactly what the project is about.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It is a religion class for a high school. Really I'm just going to be exploring what other people believe, there is no set list of questions or anything like that.
(December 11, 2013 at 5:59 pm)Interviewer Wrote: As a project for school, I need to interview someone who classifies themselves as a non-Christian, and naturally I assume I can find someone like that here. I'm not here to try to change anyone's views, just to ask some questions and mainly learn about different beliefs. If anyone would be willing to allow me to interview them that would be great. Thank you.

Oh. Another one.

Your introduction is interesting, Mr. As-a-project-for-school,-I-need-to-interview-someone-who-classifies... *gasps for breath

Long name, though. I will call you... Interviewer. Oh wait...

Now that we got that out of the way, I must say it feels weird being someone's project. Are we like... lab rats? Feed the questions (in another thread, non-introductory).

(Devil prepares to lash out fun sexual outcomes for this experiment)

Welcome.

Watch your step on the way out five hours later.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Alright I'll bite. I basically explained why I'm not a christian anymore in this thread:

http://atheistforums.org/thread-22135.html

I can elaborate on anything else if you want.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

So does it matter which thread I go to?
oops... er... don't feed the questions then. Until the staff agrees, I guess. This lab rat will wait happily and prepare for the experiment.

buahahahaha

(hint hint... time to baconize-sexualize laboratory style)
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Have you searched through the forum? I'm confident your questions have been asked and addressed several times before.
I agree that they have, I'm just supposed to interview them myself, so I figured I could find a person here and then do it. I'll do this however you guys tell me to though

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi from Jerusalem + Mutuality ethics project zvi 24 5287 July 22, 2012 at 6:56 am
Last Post: jonb