Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfortunately the Christian will have to kill themselves to prove their faith
Unfortunately the Christian will have to kill themselves to prove their faith
And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)
If you really want to prove your faith you must pray not to die then shoot yourself.

Now see how ridiculous you sound DOS?
RE: Unfortunately the Christian will have to kill themselves to prove their faith
Sometime I wonder why Christians aren't happy about the prospect of dying. after what awaits is paradise
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Unfortunately the Christian will have to kill themselves to prove their faith
(December 11, 2013 at 6:41 pm)MarxRaptor Wrote: And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)
If you really want to prove your faith you must pray not to die then shoot yourself.

No. You're talking about faith I am talking about acceptance and acknowledgment of God. If the mountain won't budge, but will remain just where it is however much I shout at it means it is a will of the God.
Or it could just be, y'know, a mountain. Not exactly known for strolling around, your average mountain.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(December 12, 2013 at 3:09 am)Stimbo Wrote: Or it could just be, y'know, a mountain. Not exactly known for strolling around, your average mountain.

Yeah - lazy bastards those mountains.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
(December 12, 2013 at 2:38 am)DOS Wrote:
(December 11, 2013 at 6:41 pm)MarxRaptor Wrote: And Jesus answered and said to them, "Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,' it will happen. "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

No. You're talking about faith I am talking about acceptance and acknowledgment of God. If the mountain won't budge, but will remain just where it is however much I shout at it means it is a will of the God.

Acceptance and acknowledgement of god [whatever that is] = faith you loony tune.

I am prepared to see evidence of this Allah you worship. Provide some.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(December 12, 2013 at 2:38 am)DOS Wrote:

The theist will find 100 excuses not to kill himself. The brave theist would kill himself right away in order to manifest his God's will on the most vital point (life/death) and that his will it's all his otherwise the theist, the learned dullard, doesn't trust God's control or government of his life despite of his beliefs.

So stick that up your arse you ignorant throw-back to the dark ages.

Oh - and in case its not clear to everyone I took this from the original thread:

"The atheist will find 100 excuses not to kill himself. The brave atheist would kill himself right away in order to manifest his selfwill on the most vital point (life/death) and that his will it's all his otherwise the atheist, the learned dullard, doesn't control or govern his life despite of his beliefs."
(December 12, 2013 at 5:44 am)max-greece Wrote:
(December 12, 2013 at 2:38 am)DOS Wrote: No. You're talking about faith I am talking about acceptance and acknowledgment of God. If the mountain won't budge, but will remain just where it is however much I shout at it means it is a will of the God.

The theist will find 100 excuses not to kill himself. The brave theist would kill himself right away in order to manifest his God's will on the most vital point (life/death) and that his will it's all his otherwise the theist, the learned dullard, doesn't trust God's control or government of his life despite of his beliefs.

Oh - and in case its not clear to everyone I took this from the original thread:

"The atheist will find 100 excuses not to kill himself. The brave atheist would kill himself right away in order to manifest his selfwill on the most vital point (life/death) and that his will it's all his otherwise the atheist, the learned dullard, doesn't control or govern his life despite of his beliefs."
1'st of all learn English before you speak to me, as your post doesn't make any sense.
2'nd Why the theist would be killing himself? There is no reason whilst
the atheist must kill himself right now because of
http://atheistforums.org/thread-22551.html
Why would a theist kill themselves? To be with God, the boundless love? To see deceased, saved loved ones? To escape this vale of tears? The possible reasons are quite easy to find, if you're not a moron DOS.
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
(December 13, 2013 at 3:06 am)DOS Wrote:
(December 12, 2013 at 5:44 am)max-greece Wrote: The theist will find 100 excuses not to kill himself. The brave theist would kill himself right away in order to manifest his God's will on the most vital point (life/death) and that his will it's all his otherwise the theist, the learned dullard, doesn't trust God's control or government of his life despite of his beliefs.

1'st of all learn English before you speak to me, as your post doesn't make any sense.
2'nd Why the theist would be killing himself? There is no reason whilst
the atheist must kill himself right now because of
http://atheistforums.org/thread-22551.html

And you think the fact that my post is beyond your comprehension reflects a problem with my English? My mother tongue?

Well - at least you are consistently delusional.

There is, despite your protestations and delusions, no reason for an atheist to kill himself, any-more than there is for a theist. That is the point of the post you idiot.

You are being mocked and you don't even realize the fact.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good Faith Media: Global Christian Population to reach 3.3 BN by 2050. Nishant Xavier 270 13081 September 30, 2023 at 10:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  why do people still have faith in god even after seeing their land turned into dust? zempo 8 1465 June 20, 2021 at 8:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How to beat a presupp at their own game Superjock 150 12068 April 16, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Question How do you prove to everybody including yourself you're an atheist? Walter99 48 5604 March 23, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Question about "faith" rockyrockford 428 34661 December 22, 2020 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2858 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4479 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Famous people losing their religion: stories Fake Messiah 14 2775 May 21, 2018 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Why Science and religious faith are in conflict. Jehanne 28 7830 May 1, 2017 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  My atheism religious faith is being shaken... Won2blv 37 8796 November 14, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene