Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 2:43 pm

Poll: Who's actually surprised that Fox News has said something this dumb?
This poll is closed.
I am.
5.88%
1 5.88%
I'm not.
29.41%
5 29.41%
Blueberry Muffins.
64.71%
11 64.71%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox News claims it's a "verifiable fact" that Santa is white.
Fox News claims it's a "verifiable fact" that Santa is white.
I was trawling some news sites for weird news for my Anglotopia column, and I came upon this news story. No, I'm not even kidding; Megyn Kelly of Fox News has claimed that it's a "verifiable fact" that Santa Claus and Jesus are white.

Quote:An American news anchor has said it is a "verifiable fact" that Santa and Jesus were both white.

Fox presenter Megyn Kelly was discussing a Slate article called "Santa Should Not Be A White Man Anymore" - where author Aisha Harris discusses making Santa more inclusive of different races and cultures - when she made her controversial statement about Christ and St Nic.

Talking about her first impression of Harris' piece, Kelly said: "I laughed. I said this is ridiculous, another person claiming it's racist. For all of the kids watching at home, Santa is white, but this person is just arguing we should also have a black Santa.

"Santa is what he is, we are just debating this."

And despite the fact that one is a fictional figure, and the other was of Middle East origin who is likely to have had dark skin and dark hair, Kelly went on to outline the "facts" as she sees them about Santa and Jesus' skin colour.

She said: "Just because it makes us feel uncomfortable does not mean it has to change. Jesus was a white man too. He was a historical figure. That's a verifiable fact, as is Santa."

But what Aisha Harris actually suggested in her piece was not that we have a black Santa, but that Santa be something altogether entirely - a penguin.

She said: "Making Santa Claus an animal rather than an old white male could spare millions of nonwhite kids the insecurity and shame that I remember from childhood."

Of course, I shouldn't have to tell you that it's highly unlikely that Jesus would have been white if he did exist. And, of course, if one study is any indication, he was a dead ringer for Eli Wallach from The Good The Bad and the Ugly.
[Image: jesutuco.jpg]

And, seriously, I can understand they don't want to outright say "There is no Santa;" the idea of someone in authority saying that before they figure it out could very well damage kids' minds more than all the other stuff they panic about; but, seriously, saying that it's a verifiable fact that Santa Claus is white just makes you look like an idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XYlJqf4dLI
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Fox News claims it's a "verifiable fact" that Santa is white.
Personally, I don't much care if Santa is white, brown, or all the colours of the rainbow, as long as he keeps bringing me cool stuff once a year.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Megyn Kelly is a racist troglydite. Is anyone surprised?
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
I saw this clip, I think the part where she said "as is Santa" she was definitely joking and speaking to the kids watching the show.

There was a thread about this a few days ago I think. It's stupid to claim jesus is white obviously, santa the mythological figure could be white, but he also runs a sweatshop.
Yawn. Fucking idiots say fucking idiotic things.
Nothing Fox News says is true anymore. That is a propaganda news station.
There is no God, so can we please get back to science?
I wonder if Kelly is a natural blond?
This episode exposes the lunacy of the right...but even more so the left.

The issue is whether Jesus and Santa Claus is/was 'White'.

We know that Jesus was a Jew and that the original St. Nicholas was Greek, both these groups of people in the USA are referred to as 'white' for the left to claim otherwise is gross dishonesty on their part since they discriminate against Jews and Greek people in their 'affirmative action' programs to benefit 'people of color'. Clearly the left believes that Jews and Greeks are not 'people of Color'.

There is a stupid argument used by the new left which seems to claim that because Jesus was not blond haired and blue eyed then somehow he looked like an African American. It is, of course, nonsense.

Next we get to the fictional 'Fr Christmas/Santa Claus' who is an amalgam of a number of European folk stories. He incorporates parts of Odin, Finnish Shamanry, the Celtic 'Cernnonos' and the Related British 'Herne the Hunter' as well as the Greek St. Nicholas the creation is clearly rooted in Europe so if you believe that representations should be consistent with geographical norms then 'Santa' is clearly 'white'. Santa is no more 'black' than King Arthur, Robin Hood, Cu Cathulain, Tristrum, Romulus and Remus or any other number of mythical/Legendary European people.

If you chose to make some sort of Jungian Archetype of Santa Claus as a Present giver/ judge of children's behavior then youc an construct anything you like . Afrocentric activists created 'Kwaanza' from nothing as a Black American celebration, It is as valid to create a santa equivalent by borrowing an existing West African god/legendary being or just creating one from nowhere but to injsist that Santa Claus is not white is just pointless posturing and likely to engender racial disharmony.
Muffinz win EVERY TIME! ^_^

I'm serious. The poll question (and answers) could be structured like this... and blueberry muffins would win.
"What is 2+2?"
*A question to test whether I've grasped basic logic.
*An insult whose best response is this response.
*Four. And yes, you are a fucking retard!
*BLUEBERRY MUFFINS!!!!!!!!

Every time. Every damn time.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I voted bBlueberry Muffins since the questions were leading

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Betty White a "Password" story. Brian37 12 1242 October 11, 2021 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: no one
  Biden vs Trump: Gangs of The White House. WinterHold 3 369 October 22, 2020 at 3:21 am
Last Post: Sal
  Integrity At FOX? Minimalist 5 448 August 7, 2018 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  "Forensic Files" and claims of "God." Brian37 3 310 August 5, 2018 at 2:43 pm
  Ever Wonder Where FOX Trains Its FOX FUX? Minimalist 1 256 June 22, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Fox News Defends Prayer Forced By The State Mechaghostman2 5 411 February 11, 2018 at 12:48 pm
  Another Pervert Predator Bites The Dust at FOX Minimalist 11 1996 September 10, 2017 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Another Fox News talking head channeling Anthony Weiner vorlon13 8 1333 August 5, 2017 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The White Rabbit Project SteelCurtain 11 1325 December 15, 2016 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Lucifer on FOX Heat 36 7004 March 12, 2016 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Heat