Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piracy?
Piracy?
Hey I pay for it when I have the money. Your thoughts?
RE: Piracy?
I actively support internet piracy (by pirating music).
Why else would they sell 3Tb Hard Drives?
Today's music isn't worth stealing.
Min, I gave you Kudos but then remembered I like Dubstep which is only now coming to the mainstream so i removed it again :p
Was thinking about this today when I was searching (ahem ahem) for something.

People are getting wayy too touchy about all these intellectual property thing. I have profs who forbid us to upload lecture recordings on anywhere other than the school forum. I mean you say things in a lecture, what's so bad about letting someone else who can't afford to go to school listen to it as well? It's rather ridiculous to be a scientist and a teacher just to serve this small group of students who a) can afford to pay and b) chose to take your course in their brief stay at a uni. If you try to get access to a scientific paper without subscription, it costs 35bucks per paper. So now you have to pay for knowledge. There was this comic (may have been someone else) who said we have so many empty houses that we would rather keep empty than let the homeless people live in. People need to get some perspectives.
They made a huge mistake in calling it piracy. Arrrrr, it sounds so cool, arrrrrr.

And you payed for most scientific papers to be created in the first place, lolololololol.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(December 29, 2013 at 8:14 pm)StuW Wrote: Min, I gave you Kudos but then remembered I like Dubstep which is only now coming to the mainstream so i removed it again :p

Is that something to do with Bush?
This is dubstep

I've paid to download iTunes (or was it Napster?). But since then, I use Spotify, so it's all free.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Piracy: Responding to BBC Aractus 25 2735 September 23, 2015 at 2:41 am
Last Post: Aractus