Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've just purchased... Vita
I've just purchased... Vita
Mind, it's not here yet. About a week ago, I came to the decision that I was going to be leaving my laptop computer behind (in going to AK this year for fishing), and though my NDS is an enjoyable system: the games I have for it are very much of the 'sit down and play for several hours' variety.

When buying games last night (amazon, with my partner), I got to thinking about Persona 4, and how I would love to play it in its best form (P4 Golden). I looked around a bit for a nonhandheld version of it... but then curiosity got the better of me, and I investigated what I could do with a Vita. The first thing I looked into was a 'game' I'd heard about before, called Flower.

[Image: flower-game-screenshot-1-b.jpg]

I jumped immediately into watching the gameplay, and I was surprised by how relaxing it was (even if there isn't anything really that pointed about it). It seemed like a very good thing to boot up in the morning, before I head out to work, since I can walk away from it at *ANY* time.

But that's not where it ended...

[Image: flow-game-screenshot-1-b.jpg]

Upon looking into it, I found a gorgeously constructed 'Spore cell-stage' game. It doesn't have to be difficult, it doesn't have to amount to anything, because for a game I can just put down when I need to? It succeeds at what I'd need it to do: help me keep busy, relaxed, and happy.

I continued looking around, next checking out a very well-built, and beautifully themed, 'Zuma-clone'.

[Image: sparkle_iphone_ss_3.jpg]

Look at some gameplay and... well: it's pretty damn good. I love the music behind it, the stylization, that there are multiple game modes... sure, it's Zuma, but it's a very well done Zuma, so i cannot fault it on its clone-status. It brings enough new things to the mix, and changes up enough old things, and it does them all from a handheld I can pick up and play at breakfast.

By now, I'm pretty interested in the Vita, but I've got to see if there's a reason for my continued interest, you know?

Final fantasy games, Persona games, numerous decent platformers, MGS, gravity rush, PSone games, PSP games...

So yeah, I got the PS Vita for Persona Dodgy
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: I've just purchased... Vita
Awesome! So far I have resisted buying one. Lol
The vita does look awesome, however I just don't have any real want or need for it at the moment. I'd rather save up for the ps4 Big Grin
(December 30, 2013 at 4:39 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Awesome! So far I have resisted buying one. Lol

Well... I'll tell you all about it when it gets here Dodgy Something like a week from now Smile
Got her in hand, now Smile ATT created enormous hassle on startup, but I discovered I could tell them to fuck off (so I did). Now I'm going through my 'personalization phase' with the device... won't be playing games on until a little later (it's everything I can do to NOT open Persona 4).
Persona 4... is the most addicting game I have ever played. Holy shit. The Vita is the perfect thing to play it on too, I mean: it's hard to IMAGINE playing it on a playstation console. I'm going to be playing this game for years.

Negative bits: micro SD the Vita came with is small (memory-wise too), so I can't download the world onto it. Which is alright, I guess... but there are solutions to that problem (more expensive, but 'bigger' micro SD).

The other semi-negative is where the speakers are located (and I would love having a backlight for my buttons, but I know that's a pipe dream Tiny Tiger ): apparently my ashton has problems with it being right next to the analogue sticks. Doesn't bother me, but... it's there.

Still, having a lot of fun ^_^ The setup was longer than the Nintendo DS's by far XD
I've been contemplating getting a Vita after I get my PS4(as soon as best buy can get them in stock) for the connection functionality. I'm not sure what they call it exactly, but it allows you to play PS4 games through your vita around your house. That would be a while off, and hopefully the price tag will have dropped at that point.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I would literally get the Vita just for Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc, too bad I won't be purchasing one anytime soon and I really wanted to support the franchise but I'm sure it'll sell well considering the special editions are sold out for pre-order. I would also get the Vita for Persona too.
I currently have some 110 hours logged on my first playthrough of Persona 4G... (just beat and started the NG+). Lover has some 60-70 (a good 1/3rd-1/2 into her second playthrough).

So worth ^___^ And now I have a Disgaea game coming, as well as a whole pile of casual stuff for 'whenever'. I haven't used comp to play a game but 2 quick LoL sessions on lover's comp, and today for some 4-5 hours. I am one satisfied little mushroom. Smile
It's pretty sad that I have yet to finish Disgaea Hour of Darkness, I should be ashamed of myself.