Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creation
Creation
I wasn't sure what to name this thread. But I wanted the opinion of other artists and musicians, and writers. When working is it a slight out of body experience for you too? Sorry I don't mean that in the woo sense but I'm not quite sure how to put the "otherness" feeling whenever I'm working on a piece of jewelry or a painting.
RE: Creation
(January 2, 2014 at 12:05 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I wasn't sure what to name this thread. But I wanted the opinion of other artists and musicians, and writers. When working is it a slight out of body experience for you too? Sorry I don't mean that in the woo sense but I'm not quite sure how to put the "otherness" feeling whenever I'm working on a piece of jewelry or a painting.

I used to get those feelings in middle school when I thought about the universe when I walked home from my bus stop(which was about a mile walk), I literally almost fell to the ground because my consciousness felt as if it was exiting my body through the back of my skull, it was a very exotic and great sensation. I always snapped out of it though because every time I almost had a complete outer body experience my legs literally became spaghetti like and I was tipping over into a face first fall into the ground, so I had to catch myself with my feet, very odd.
(January 2, 2014 at 12:21 am)Belac Enrobso Wrote:
(January 2, 2014 at 12:05 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: I wasn't sure what to name this thread. But I wanted the opinion of other artists and musicians, and writers. When working is it a slight out of body experience for you too? Sorry I don't mean that in the woo sense but I'm not quite sure how to put the "otherness" feeling whenever I'm working on a piece of jewelry or a painting.

I used to get those feelings in middle school when I thought about the universe when I walked home from my bus stop(which was about a mile walk), I literally almost fell to the ground because my consciousness felt as if it was exiting my body through the back of my skull, it was a very exotic and great sensation. I always snapped out of it though because every time I almost had a complete outer body experience my legs literally became spaghetti like and I was tipping over into a face first fall into the ground, so I had to catch myself with my feet, very odd.
Does it not happen anymore? I've never felt faint with it happening to me but I have felt a slight sense of unreality when "coming to".
(January 2, 2014 at 1:04 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:
(January 2, 2014 at 12:21 am)Belac Enrobso Wrote: I used to get those feelings in middle school when I thought about the universe when I walked home from my bus stop(which was about a mile walk), I literally almost fell to the ground because my consciousness felt as if it was exiting my body through the back of my skull, it was a very exotic and great sensation. I always snapped out of it though because every time I almost had a complete outer body experience my legs literally became spaghetti like and I was tipping over into a face first fall into the ground, so I had to catch myself with my feet, very odd.
Does it not happen anymore? I've never felt faint with it happening to me but I have felt a slight sense of unreality when "coming to".

No it hasn't happened to me since I was 13.