Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Baptist
Southern Baptist
Ever since moving to the South my mother's been looking for a church home. I have refused to go with her, mostly because Southern Baptist scare the hell out of me. I personally would view going to church as a learning experience but the churches here scare me I'm not quite sure why.
RE: Southern Baptist
[Image: bs204.gif]
I have no idea what that means, blind remember?
I don't even know. Broken image.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Right.... it says "the real problem with Baptists is that they never quite seem to hold them under long enough."
(January 3, 2014 at 2:23 am)Minimalist Wrote: Right.... it says "the real problem with Baptists is that they never quite seem to hold them under long enough."

Thats Lutherans silly giggle
Quote:A drunk man was going through the forest, one time, and he chanced upon a river, in the middle of the forest. In the river, a preacher was baptizing.
The drunk stepped into the water.
The preacher says, "Brother, have you found Jesus?"
The drunk replies, "No, I haven't."
The preacher dunks the man into the water, and he comes up again.
"Have you found Jesus, my brother?" the preacher inquired, a second time.
"No, I have not."
The preacher dunks him into the water again.
"Have you found Jesus yet, brother?"
"No, I have not."
The preacher dunks him into the water, a third time. This time, for a little longer.
When he couldn't breathe, the preacher released him, and he came up out of the water again.
The preacher said, "For the love of God, have you found Jesus?!"
"For the last time, no! Are you sure this is where he fell in?"
(January 3, 2014 at 1:57 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Ever since moving to the South my mother's been looking for a church home. I have refused to go with her, mostly because Southern Baptist scare the hell out of me. I personally would view going to church as a learning experience but the churches here scare me I'm not quite sure why.

If you do not mind saying where in the south are you.
You are probably thinking about the Southern Baptist Churches of years ago or those in the back country, some of those scare me too. If you are in a larger city you should be able to find a large Southern Baptist Church that's quite accepting and not loud and condemning from the pulpit.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 3, 2014 at 4:56 am)Godschild Wrote:
(January 3, 2014 at 1:57 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Ever since moving to the South my mother's been looking for a church home. I have refused to go with her, mostly because Southern Baptist scare the hell out of me. I personally would view going to church as a learning experience but the churches here scare me I'm not quite sure why.

You are probably thinking about the Southern Baptist Churches of years ago or those in the back country, some of those scare me too. If you are in a larger city you should be able to find a large Southern Baptist Church that's quite accepting and not loud and condemning from the pulpit.

GC
Murfreesboro TN u may have seen on national news, it's that podunk town that has been protesting that mosque left right and center.
(January 3, 2014 at 4:56 am)Godschild Wrote:

GC

There all using the same book .............right??????

[Image: tumblr_mliut3rXE01soz1kco1_500.jpg]

The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so.
-- Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Case You Need A Reason To Despise Baptist Scum-suckers Minimalist 93 9219 July 1, 2016 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Queer-Hating Baptist Shitball Blows His Cork Minimalist 26 4405 June 26, 2016 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Jimmy Carter leaves Southern Baptists to stew in their own sexism. Whateverist 28 5746 April 24, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Question Westboro Baptist Church Plans To Picket Leonard Nimoy's Funeral Vox Populi 55 16364 March 2, 2015 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: remagination
  Picketing the westborough Baptist Church Jacob(smooth) 28 4086 March 2, 2015 at 1:38 am
Last Post: Losty
  Baptist Shitballs Throwing In The Towel Minimalist 8 2128 March 23, 2014 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  John the Baptist DeistPaladin 89 26576 September 26, 2013 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Sad The Westboro Baptist Church is coming to invade my city! IronicAlchemist 32 9956 February 28, 2011 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Zen Badger