Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypocrisy and Unanswered Questions
Lightbulb 
Hypocrisy and Unanswered Questions
I converted to atheism around the age of 15 after having many questions at the age of 14. I had all this in my head and no one to share it with and like any teenager would do; i looked to the almighty google.

Now I'm 18 years old. People always ask what my story is and I simply tell them it's too long but lets just say a lot of unanswered questions.

I grew up in a Christian home with a very devout mother and grandmother. As a child, you have no idea what is true because you assume the knowledge of your parents to be the absolute truth, so I was obedient. I attended church, read the bible, memorized the chapters, when to bible study, and prayed (A LOT).

Once I reached 14 I began to have questions about Christianity, but Christians simply give you the most unstable and invalid answers of all. "You just have to have faith" and "Don't question God". Well damn it I had questions that needed to be answered. My biggest one: "I am a good person. I do as I am told, I honor my mother and father, i attend church, I have faith in God. So why doesn't God answer my prayers?" Google took me for a spin with all this new found knowledge about other religions and beliefs.

Now, I have joined this forum because I don't have anyone to talk to about the topic. Christians act like their religion is a gang "represent it or die" and for their bible to teach them to be peaceful they sure are quick to say "you're going to hell" when I share my opinion.

In reality, I have no idea what I believe in. I'm still searching for answers. I want my belief system to be absolute because paranormal activity doesn't interest me in any way. If there is any proof of a God out there that doesn't contradict the teachings of the religion, I would be more than willing to accept it into my life. Undecided
RE: Hypocrisy and Unanswered Questions
Hello.

You are in the right place. Atheism is not a belief system. It is the lack of belief in gods.

Take some time and master this concept first. The rest will follow naturally.
(January 7, 2014 at 1:38 am)Lucid Dreamer Wrote: In reality, I have no idea what I believe in. I'm still searching for answers. I want my belief system to be absolute because paranormal activity doesn't interest me in any way. If there is any proof of a God out there that doesn't contradict the teachings of the religion, I would be more than willing to accept it into my life. Undecided

Welcome

Don't let that willingness overcome your rationality! Always have the highest standards you can when it comes to proof on this subject. We aren't talking about proving what I had for dinner yesterday, this is a serious topic.

I'm gonna recommend a youtube channel that helped me out a lot when I was 'searching for answers' myself: http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkMatter2525

Otherwise, welcome aboard and enjoy yourself here Big Grin
Thanks for the suggestion! I've begun to watch the videos. They are both hilarious and logical. Thank you sooo much!Worship (large)
I really like the guy who makes them, I think he has a personal channel called dark antics which is also worth checking out Big Grin
Your story starts similar to mine...
(January 7, 2014 at 7:28 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Your story starts similar to mine...

Where did it all go wrong for you Chad?
(January 7, 2014 at 7:28 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: Your story starts similar to mine...

And you're struggling in Act II.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]