Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apartment Hunting
Apartment Hunting
Okay so this is a Part 2: The Journey.

Boy, trying to balance money w/ living somewhere half way decent poses a challenge. I have been looking and looking and have upped my limits after I realized that $650/month doesn't get you shit normally. I originally found a place that looked at least half way decent for $667... but after doing some reviews, I've found crime to be a problem in this particular complex and given that I have pretty nice vehicles, I opted out of such a place.

Here's some pics of that one:

[Image: S_450_WIDTH_extension_jpg_q_90__v2_CLK-F...le-111.jpg]
[Image: S_450_WIDTH_extension_jpg_q_90__v2_CLK-F...le-114.jpg]

So very plain Jane apartment but w/e... it just Myself and my girlfriend w/ no pets.

After ditching the above apartment we decided to go a bit more upscale and came across this one

Two bedroom Two bath in an amazing area and extremely close to the beach @ $800/month

http://goo.gl/maps/upZbW

[Image: 00C0C_gM8mNgf0wfb_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00J0J_lZMPdqUrGS_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00m0m_8OrJ1L70ilK_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 00s0s_6kAfMNlhK2o_600x450.jpg]
[Image: 01111_6SV1ETRk957_600x450.jpg]

So after coming across this one, I was about to give her money but then she informed me that she doesn't "believe" the HOA allows scooters (motorcycles), but she will look into it. FUCK! I really like this place and now I have to keep looking.

With our deadline drawing near, things get a little more stressful as we are pressured to just pick one. Well this should be fun, I'll keep you guys updated!
RE: Apartment Hunting
It looks lovely! Hope you can get it. The other one wasn't too bad really .....

Anyway, a similar apartment goes for the same price here in Oz. Good luck mate. Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
May I ask where do you live? Just a big general area. Because the rent is so low where you are.
(January 12, 2014 at 10:36 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: May I ask where do you live? Just a big general area. Because the rent is so low where you are.

I live the St. Pete/Clearwater FL area
(January 12, 2014 at 10:36 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: May I ask where do you live? Just a big general area. Because the rent is so low where you are.

Not just low, but the apartment is also spacious. I just moved to Queens and could rent over three of those apartments for what I'm paying in rent.
Wow. It's cheap down there. We're paying about 2k+++ per month for anything close to that. But I do live in the city.

(January 12, 2014 at 11:05 am)cato123 Wrote:

Not just low, but the apartment is also spacious. I just moved to Queens and could rent over three of those apartments for what I'm paying in rent.

Yea, price range is about the same here.
Yeah apartments are cheaper and overall pretty nice usually. But you've got to remember pay is also lower here. It's not bottom of the barrel wages, but it's certainly not New England / California wages either
I'm trying to save for a down payment on a place (a condo would be all I could afford at this point) and for shits and giggles I looked up apartments in my area and there was nothing decent anywhere for less than $900 a month. That's more than half my paycheck.

So I'm back to my savings plan and being disappointed by my purchase options.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
You can barely rent a dumpster around here for $650.
Cost of living, people.

Where I live, an apartment goes for about $800. Where I lived before, same apartment for around $1400. The type of jobs I could look into pay what seems like a joke compared to what I could get paid over there. Having said that, $800 is not as cheap as it sounds.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gunshot outside my apartment mlmooney89 35 2064 March 7, 2018 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Apartment hunting rant Jackalope 58 6750 September 6, 2014 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Awesome and beautiful apartment abandoned for 70s discovered almost untouched Ryantology 10 3517 February 3, 2014 at 2:51 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Apartment Hunting wolf39us 7 1361 December 24, 2013 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Raeven
  Fox Hunting Darwinian 41 9648 June 20, 2012 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet