Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Wonder American Kids Are Fucked
No Wonder American Kids Are Fucked
http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/sciencetest.asp

When the teachers are creatard assholes they don't have a chance.
RE: No Wonder American Kids Are Fucked
Well, that's clearly wrong. Everyone knows Behemoth in Job 40 was meant to be a Hippopotamus, not an elephant, apatosaurus, or rhino.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I had seen the test before, but was really hoping it was a joke.

I love how the Biblical behemoth was an Apatosaurus on page one and a sheep was the size of an average sized dinosaur on page 2.

The last question is one of Ken Ham's favorites with the tykes. Simply appalling. 'Were you there?'. Were you there when your mom and dad bumped uglies? Well then I guess it never happened.
There's a history teacher at our school who teaches from the timeline that is centered by the birth of Jesus Christ.
"History" must really suck at your school.
(January 15, 2014 at 10:22 pm)Minimalist Wrote: "History" must really suck at your school.

Well,it's a Mississippi school, so the bar is already set pretty low.
(January 15, 2014 at 9:21 pm)ElleBelle Wrote: There's a history teacher at our school who teaches from the timeline that is centered by the birth of Jesus Christ.

Or, rather, what Dionysius Exiguus decided was the birth of Christ, even though it turned out to be off by at least four years?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(January 15, 2014 at 10:42 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(January 15, 2014 at 9:21 pm)ElleBelle Wrote: There's a history teacher at our school who teaches from the timeline that is centered by the birth of Jesus Christ.

Or, rather, what Dionysius Exiguus decided was the birth of Christ, even though it turned out to be off by at least four years?

Nope.

I'm fairly certain the caption is "Jesus birth." This is my second year in there with my second batch of 8th graders. I'm in and out of that room a lot, where many scriptures are coupled with the birth of America.

The co-worker drew up the timeline himself, of course.

So he didn't include that fancy caption with an appropriate sign of give of take four years. He's southern baptist. He's certain.
At least this test was from a private Christian school and not a public, taxpayer-funded school. Not that fundie Christians don't want tests like this given in public schools.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
They are fucked because the school systems are horrible now, no challenge not hard at all. Throw all the kids in the same classes and have them all learn the same, when they all cannot learn the same. All humans have different abilities and IQ's and trying to shove them all in a one sized fits all classroom does not work.
We are not learning anything, stupid laws like NO Child left behind hurt children. They should be teaching more common sense in school and critical thinking.

This test is just one at a private school, not why education is failing nationwide.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Artificial Neural Networks for 'kids' Face2face 0 569 November 24, 2017 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Face2face
  Wondrous times, less wonder. Excited Penguin 17 2187 December 2, 2015 at 9:17 am
Last Post: Iroscato
  I found a neat book to teach kids the basics of Evolution Milton42 1 925 August 1, 2015 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7409 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Science vs Wonder thesummerqueen 1 1173 December 15, 2011 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Old American theory is 'speared' KichigaiNeko 8 6327 October 24, 2011 at 1:39 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko