Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo.
Yo.
Yo I'm Dark Fatal Knight, I usually don't introduce myself anywhere but this time I decided why the heck not. I'm 19 years old, I was raised Catholic by my parents until I became an atheist around 14. Despite being religious back then, I always questioned religion and never got any good answers from my parents to why I should pray and go to church. They just told me to believe in god, he created me, and all that shit.

It wasn't that easy telling my parents that I had become an atheist especially my mother since my father honestly wasn't that angry with me about it. It also seems that I am the only atheist in my family and yes that includes relatives unfortunately. To this day, my mother still prays for me every time I go to college or some place and some relatives in particular believe that I'll stop becoming an atheist soon which is definitely a lie, I get the feeling they're just waiting for a change which is pretty sad.

Aside from all this, I'm usually a quiet person but I can get along with just about anyone. I like anime, video games, manga, learning, reading, walking, and going out when I can. I also draw on occasion but I'm not a professional by all means.

Well I think I said enough about myself, hope to make some friends here and contribute what I can. Thanks for reading! Oh and this is the first atheist forum community I joined too.
RE: Yo.
Well hello to you! What kinds of stuff can you draw?
You should see the picture of my bunny club that Kayenneh drew..

So, just a heads up, if anything bad ever happens in your life then expect those family members to secretly (or not) rejoice because they think it's god trying to intervene in your spiritual well being. Honestly: I've asked god, and satan, to both throw me the worst they have to give while flipping them off and calling them names. I even let Drich pray that I get aids (or some equivalent) and I have yet to acquire anything horrific. Oh and then I had some poor person get on this site and post that they thought god killed their dog because they dared him to do it or something. I dared god to do it, and my dog's layin right here snoring away and running in her sleep. The fear is what is unhealthy, I think. I used to have night terrors about demons, waking up screaming and feeling choked. I'm happy to say I don't have those anymore Big Grin
I'm glad you are here and I hope you find what you're looking for. Welcome.

Welcome
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
I usually draw anime and video game related stuff though I have drawn other things for my art classes back in high school. Perhaps I might post drawings somewhere so that you can see them.

That's quite the story but yeah I can kind of relate since I have flipped off and called off god and he never did anything. Though my brother does know that I go on forums so when it comes to religious discussions (I would call them arguments really) with my relatives, he will bring that up as a reason to why I have become an atheist which is not true considering I didn't post on forums until I was 15 years old. I did have a cousin of mine telling me that being an atheist is a waste of time, I really wanted to say "So going to church every Sunday and not thinking for yourself is not a waste of time?" then again like I said, I'm the only atheist in the family so I know no one was going to back me up no matter what I say.

I appreciate the welcome Luckie, nice to meet you too!
You'll be getting a whole welcome crew in here soon enough, I'm just going to enjoy you for myself for now Big Grin
I'll post a thread after this one, for the specific purpose of drawings.
I really need an concept illustrator for an anime (at least 3 drawings).. You up for something like that?

My brother told me, literally told me, that if I hadn't gotten sick (I have an auto-immune disease), I would've ended up a "puke slathered corpse on the side of the freeway" therefore god was merely saving me from my fate, and my becoming an atheist was a slap in his face. Cuz, y'know, I should be thankful he gave me that disease. Considering I was a Chemistry major at Uni, a Christian, and totally self sufficient--I told my brother he's 00a giant dickwad. Turns out, you can say what you mean and mean what you feel, as an atheist. So I use that to my full advantage if they do the same. Big Grin
It's give and give, really. Unless I'm in the "turn the cheek" kinda mood, which works on some of them.

If I were you I would've asked your family member, just what god it was you were supposed to be spending your time worshipping?
They all have the same amount of evidence: 0.

Come to think of it, I just realized that theists might think that because I am no longer choked in my sleep, it's because Satan's happy with the path I'm taking. I just wanted to note that NO, indeed I do not choke anymore because I went to the doctor and got taken care of. Sad that I have to say that, really it is.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Well I'll be glad to do so about the drawings but I'll see what I can do about that, concept art seems like fun but my problem is creativity and I always draw characters that have already been made. Again, I'll see what I can do and hopefully get the time for it.

I'm glad the doctors were able to help you and not god, and yes that's the fun of being an atheist by saying how you actually feel.

Yeah I should have probably asked him that instead, I mean really all I wanted was for them to just accept I'm atheist but apparently that's too hard for them to swallow.

I will always thank my doctor if I ever get hurt or any doctors that have helped my close friends and family members.
Hello DFK and welcome to AF! ^_^

Our interests are quite the same, I think we will get along just fine.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Thanks for the welcome Kayenneh! I see that you're into anime so I'm sure we will get along well.
Welcome Big Grin
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(January 18, 2014 at 4:03 am)Dark Fatal Knight Wrote: Thanks for the welcome Kayenneh! I see that you're into anime so I'm sure we will get along well.

Actually, I'm more into manga than anime, but I've watched my fair share Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Thanks Ivy. Smile

That's fine Kayenneh, both are good anyway haha.