Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sororities
Sororities
Men should be allowed to join college fraternities. It's a violation of their constitutional rights to bar them from this institution. It doesn't matter that sororities have always been comprised only of women, that's an outdated concept anyway. Just because men can join fraternities doesn't matter because some men want to be recognized as sorority members and feel inferior if they can only be recognized as fraternity members. "Separate but equal" never works. Look at how that worked with the public school system in the south. Anybody with me on this one?
RE: Sororities
Sure, but what does this have to do with Christianity?

I'm moving this to "off topic."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
[Image: 1a7.gif]
[Image: Picard_zps13733cf6.jpg]

(January 20, 2014 at 2:24 pm)Lek Wrote: Men should be allowed to join college fraternities.

Umm, last time I checked - they are.

Quote:It's a violation of their constitutional rights to bar them from this institution.

Who is barring men from fraternities???

Quote: It doesn't matter that sororities have always been comprised only of women, that's an outdated concept anyway. Just because men can join fraternities doesn't matter because some men want to be recognized as sorority members and feel inferior if they can only be recognized as fraternity members. "Separate but equal" never works. Look at how that worked with the public school system in the south. Anybody with me on this one?

That whole convoluted paragraph is confusing. WTF is your point?
[Image: Evolution.png]

(January 20, 2014 at 2:35 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: [Image: 1a7.gif]

Mmmmm, silverware soup.
Why hasn't Campbell's jumped on this?!
[Image: Confused-GIF-1-.gif]
Sororities
I think that sorities should allow men to join. It's unfair and discriminatory. I know that sororities have always been defined as an organization for women only, but that concept is outdated. We should be able to define a sorority as we want. I don't care how they feel about it. The heck with tradition. Don't tell me that fraternities are for men and they have equal status on campus. Some guys may prefer to take part in sorority activities. And you know how "separate but equal" works. Look at how it worked in the public schools in the south.
Well, better yet, abolish sororities altogether.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
I smell a strained analogy at work in the OP. Is this thread about sororities, or is it really about your horror at marriage equality?
(January 20, 2014 at 4:19 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I smell a strained analogy at work in the OP. Is this thread about sororities, or is it really about your horror at marriage equality?

Well, there is such a thing I'd say. But one really must not compare sororities to the sacred institution of marriage.
They are different things.
But I guess he made an analogy to how absurd this whole thing has become.
Especially the whole thing about gender self-identification.
Like, if we speak about equality and the total authority of the individual, men who "identify" as women should be able to join sororities, even if they don't dress like women, and the women there must not forbid this, or even complain.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?