Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mybb
mybb
I'm currently mucking about with mybb and php and not doing too badly considering it's all pretty alien to to me..

The reason for this is that a) Obviously I'm an admin here so understanding exactly how everything works seems like a good idea and b) I'm helping Kyu over at his forum.

One thing I've come up against is that whilst most of the plugins work, some only work with certain themes and not with others. For example, I've just installed the Board Messages over at Kyu's place and they do not show up on the index page at all. However, when I do the same thing over at my test forum all works well.

Same is true with the shoutbox. Some of my themes work fine with it and with others it simply won't work.

Why does it make any difference what sort of theme you have to the plugin?

Anyone here know anything about mybb/php etc? Wink Hello Adrian...

And while I'm at it, what does this mean?

This stylesheet is currently being inherited from MyBB Master Style. Any changes you make will break the inheritance, and the stylesheet will be copied to this theme.

And should I be worried about it?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: mybb
The theme won't have any effect. The template will.

Basically all the HTML is stored in the database as templates. Every time a page is called, multiple templates are called and parsed by MyBB.

Plugins modify the templates by doing a search/replace on certain html tags to add things to them. For instance, in the index template, the header is included by writing "$header". If I wanted to add the words "Hello, World!" below the header, I'd search the template for "$header" and replace it with "$header Hello, World!"

So you should look for these replace commands in the script, and put the code into the template manually if needs be.

The warning is standard. Like it says, it'll copy the theme into a new one to save the master style. You can ignore it Big Grin
RE: mybb
Thanks for that. I'll keep on fiddling Smile
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]