Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-vac children on the line
Anti-vac children on the line
YLE Wrote:Measles shows up in southern Finland

The front page of the print version of Ilta Sanomat -- Helsingin Sanomat’s companion tabloid daily -- highlights a worrying case of measles in Lohja that has exposed more than 100 children to the extremely infectious disease

According to the daily, one child was diagnosed with the disease at the small village school in Sammatti in Lohja, southern Finland. Local authorities are particularly concerned about the case since about 40 children have reportedly not been inoculated against the disease.

Local health officials have ordered all of the children who have not been vaccinated into home quarantine for at least one week, for their own safety.

Worst part of this is, in the mentioned Ilta Sanomat, the parents proudly stated that "in this community we don't vaccinate our children!". Yeah, these fuckers should be fined for child abuse and for willfully spreading disease.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Anti-vac children on the line
(January 26, 2014 at 6:13 am)Kayenneh Wrote:
YLE Wrote:Measles shows up in southern Finland

The front page of the print version of Ilta Sanomat -- Helsingin Sanomat’s companion tabloid daily -- highlights a worrying case of measles in Lohja that has exposed more than 100 children to the extremely infectious disease

According to the daily, one child was diagnosed with the disease at the small village school in Sammatti in Lohja, southern Finland. Local authorities are particularly concerned about the case since about 40 children have reportedly not been inoculated against the disease.

Local health officials have ordered all of the children who have not been vaccinated into home quarantine for at least one week, for their own safety.

Worst part of this is, in the mentioned Ilta Sanomat, the parents proudly stated that "in this community we don't vaccinate our children!". Yeah, these fuckers should be fined for child abuse and for willfully spreading disease.
Couldn't agree more.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Oh fuck. The potential for Lohja to be wiped off the map! Undecided

And they are proud of this? Confusedhock:
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 26, 2014 at 7:11 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Oh fuck. The potential for Lohja to be wiped off the map! Undecided

And they are proud of this? Confusedhock:

What can I say, fucking hicks.. Dodgy
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

If I remember rightly (and I'm NOT a physician), the technical term for the littl'uns who don't get childhood vaccines is 'corpse'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If not, then vegetable. Measels causes brain damage in about 1/1000, so it's not common, but as a parent I would not appreciate those numbers.

Not getting vaccinated has prevented people from getting sickness's and diseases... never...
Why order them to stay home? Order them to vaccinate, geez.

Stupid is always proud, for some unfathomable reason.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 26, 2014 at 8:20 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Why order them to stay home? Order them to vaccinate, geez.

Maybe too late if they have already been exposed?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Editing the "germ line" with CRISPR AKA "eugenics" Duty 9 1071 March 26, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Gorillas pose for selfie with DR Congo anti-poaching unit Duty 21 2123 April 22, 2019 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Raising Gender Normative Children Acrobat 8 710 February 15, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Fuck you, anti-vaxxers bennyboy 32 3403 February 11, 2019 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Unbroken Mitochondrial line? SamWatson 27 3464 April 9, 2017 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Being anti social justice warrior is a catalyst for bullying behavior EruptedCarcassBloat 84 9624 October 12, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  In the future men will be able to carry children just like women rado84 110 11096 October 4, 2016 at 9:12 am
Last Post: mcolafson
  Anti-Vaxx Asshole Wakes Up Minimalist 48 4730 September 22, 2016 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religion Makes Children More Selfish ignoramus 1 708 March 23, 2016 at 7:36 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Anti-Vaxxer Sympathy SmootherPebble 131 23002 October 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Jaxxie1181