Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 8 automatic repair loop
Windows 8 automatic repair loop
Honestly I am over it. I have tried putting in all the promts that youtube user have suggested. Refresing my computer, reseting it using safe mode. Any other suggestions?
RE: Windows 8 automatic repair loop

Reinstall fresh. As absurd as it sounds, sometimes it's the quickest way to a solution, including all the reinstalling, than going round and round with a problem.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Go back to Windows 7.
Back up your data before reinstalling.

You might end up formatting the drive by accident.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Do you have an ssd?
If you do, RMA that sucker.
Ubuntu Linux

Seriously.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yeah, but problems in linux still arise when using a computer for recreational users. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but most people can't handle windows, let alone Linux
(January 29, 2014 at 2:26 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Yeah, but problems in linux still arise when using a computer for recreational users. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan, but most people can't handle windows, let alone Linux

I'd agree, but Ubuntu is Linux for the average user. You don't need to use the command line, everything is free (EVERYTHING - including the OS itself and the yearly OS upgrades/daily security updates), no viruses/malware (cause the nerds that make that stuff use linux), and if you ever have a question, the internet is FULL of geeks that will fix it for you at no cost and no need to call up microsoft and wait on hold for 2 hours.

Plus it looks pretty.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
If you want a Linux that's user friendly, go for mint. Based on ubuntu, with cinnamon as the default window manager... that's what the IT guys where I work advise.
Still, I went with fedora and cinnamon.
(January 29, 2014 at 3:59 pm)pocaracas Wrote: If you want a Linux that's user friendly, go for mint. Based on ubuntu, with cinnamon as the default window manager... that's what the IT guys where I work advise.
Still, I went with fedora and cinnamon.

I'm looking forward to trying Linux Mint (Maya, 13, with MATE). They seem to be all over the map though, with four distinct distribution branches.

Windows is fine. It all depends on what you want out of it. Me, I have a 40 page FAQ I need to go through just to install my OS. I really get tired of fan bois dissing on Windows when there isn't any clear cut superiority of one to the other. Fan bois can up and die as far as I'm concerned.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows defender has, once again, incorrectly identified my program as malware! FlatAssembler 36 995 February 22, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] Windows Movie Maker Help T.J. 6 709 November 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Windows Security plus Win 11 Oldandeasilyconfused 2 357 November 25, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Windows 11. Install it; Yes/ No/Wait Oldandeasilyconfused 24 2210 November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Windows 11? Angrboda 29 2384 September 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: no one
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 542 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 891 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2244 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013 Rhondazvous 18 3885 January 9, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Windows 10 Running Slow A Theist 30 8148 June 2, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Joods