Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unbelievable
unbelievable
Mark 16:14-18... And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. (KJV).

how did this make it into the bible? And what christians say about it?
RE: unbelievable
Snakes do have cute little heads.
I say "warning, do not try this at home"
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Yeah, these things should be demonstrably proven wrong, but some people will try anyway. If you fail, it's just because you didn't have enough faith.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Verses 16 9-20 were tacked on later by some anonymous shlepper who did not like the abrupt ending to gmark.

It is, in other words, a useful falsehood. (Useful in the sense that a number of snake-handling xtian half-wits have gotten themselves killed doing it!)
Exactly, and if thats slipped in there we cant trust JACK!!!
That's far from the only thing.

(January 29, 2014 at 7:00 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Verses 16 9-20 were tacked on later by some anonymous shlepper who did not like the abrupt ending to gmark.

It is, in other words, a useful falsehood. (Useful in the sense that a number of snake-handling xtian half-wits have gotten themselves killed doing it!)

Yep, later additions to the end of Mark.

The earliest copies of Mark end at verse 8.

John 7.53—8.11 are also later additions.

This is the entire "‘Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her" story. Not original to Bible texts.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
And the numbskulls wonder why we don't take any of it seriously.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unbelievable Dontsaygoodnight 59 5906 March 18, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Drich