Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro Re-Do!
Intro Re-Do!
Hello all! So, I'm approaching my 1st year of tenure on this forum, and have really enjoyed the opportunity of getting meet everyone I've had the pleasure of interacting with during this time. I have not been as regular around the site as I'd like to be lately, and this is due to the fact that the majority of my time spent on here had previously been from my desk during the down time at work. Unfortunately, the military has caught on to my antics, and apparently cutting off access to YouTube wasn't sufficient enough to free up the bandwidth they thought necessary, and have blocked virtually everything that can be accessed by Google. So, I've been forced to choose between AF, and my home-life. And while I love this forum, the kiddo and girlfriend have been winning that battle (aside from sneaking you in on my iPhone in the interim Big Grin).

Anyway...I've noticed soooo many new members around here that I've not had the pleasure of meeting, and since I don't think that I ever even formally introduced myself, an Intro Re-do seemed like a better idea than scouring the intro threads to catch-up!

So, here goes!

I'm a 28 year old Navy dude in VA Beach. I was raised in a bible-thumping Christian household in the heart of Texas, and became skeptical when I was 17 and my best friend first challenged my faith. He is Indian (dots not feathers), and didn't believe in the multi-armed gods featured in picture frames throughout his families house, and helped me realize that those gods were no less ridiculous than the God my parents had programmed into me. To this day, my entire family knows that I think they're nuts, but we love each other a great deal. We just have different opinions about Christmas and whether or not I'll be roasting for an eternity. I'm a single father of an almost 5 year old boy whom I love very much. I've been in a relationship with a beautiful nurse for almost 4 years now, and she is absolutely perfect. She is my complete opposite in almost everyway, except, she doesn't pretend to know things about Gods either. Very smart lady Wink

I love to paint, read, and listen to lectures that most of my friends think are incredibly boring. If you didn't get a welcome from me during your intro, or you have noticed that there are a lot of new members that you haven't had the pleasure of greeting, please take a moment and Re-introduce yourself! See ya around the forums!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4121 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic