Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I do?
What should I do?
I'm in high school, and I was wondering what I should do. at lunch one day, there was a trash can that had a sign that said " evolution makes scientist looks like monkeys" what should I do about this?
RE: What should I do?
Hoot a lot and throw your own feces at it during lunch period.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
How about get a photo of it and post it to Facebook or somewhere with a caption like "At last - someone's found the appropriate place for this stuff" or "Please dispose of your litter properly"?

As for something more practical, is there some kind of school board you could take it to? Not the bin itself, I hasten to add (although it would make the point, wouldn't it?) I'm not up on the - presumably U.S. - school system, so I don't really know how it's organised.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 31, 2014 at 11:41 pm)KingHeretic Wrote: I'm in high school, and I was wondering what I should do. at lunch one day, there was a trash can that had a sign that said " evolution makes scientist looks like monkeys" what should I do about this?

I'm with Stimbo on tis one. Facebook it as confirmation of your lousy science curriculum
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(January 31, 2014 at 11:41 pm)KingHeretic Wrote: I'm in high school, and I was wondering what I should do. at lunch one day, there was a trash can that had a sign that said " evolution makes scientist looks like monkeys" what should I do about this?

Be thankful for the fact you recognize that the person that wrote it is an imbecile.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(February 1, 2014 at 12:01 am)Faith No More Wrote:

Be thankful for the fact you recognize that the person that wrote it is an imbecile.

Ha yeah i guess but that angers me, why in a public school thought

Catholicism makes us look like dirt
(February 1, 2014 at 12:04 am)KingHeretic Wrote:
(February 1, 2014 at 12:01 am)Faith No More Wrote: Be thankful for the fact you recognize that the person that wrote it is an imbecile.

Ha yeah i guess but that angers me, why in a public school thought

Ridicule is the best weapon to use against ignorant assholes like that.
(February 1, 2014 at 12:04 am)KingHeretic Wrote: Ha yeah i guess but that angers me, why in a public school thought
If you're going to corrupt young minds, it's the best place to start.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Start posting these around school:
[Image: darwin_parody_ichthus_symbol_case_for_ip...vr_324.jpg]
[Image: Why-People-Reject-Evolution-pie-chart-meme.jpg]
[Image: STL84.jpg]

or "God hates Facts"

or if you want to be more subtle, then some FSM stickers.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---