Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 23, 2024, 3:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grow a PAIR!
Grow a PAIR!
PROVERBS 3:5-7...Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
Be not wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.

Ok sooo. Is this what christians believe, that they should not trust their own judgements and dont believe what they see?
RE: Grow a PAIR!
yup. In theory, I believed that. I just couldn't help the rebel in me.

My mother just told my grandmother I'm atheist. My grandmother asked who brainwashed me. My mother explained nobody did, I just happened to do some research and this lead me to "unbrainwash" myself, per se. My grandmother said that the Bible says that knowledge kills us and we should not be guided by what we learn, but what he says. Ha! HAAAAA! Even my mother (still undecided between theist and deist) had a good laugh.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Allow me to translate that for you ...

PROVERBS 3:5-7...Trust in the Lord with all your heart, ...........Trust in an absent delusion your great great grandparents were told was real,
and do not lean on your own understanding. ...........................and do not consider any actual evidence you've ever learned.
In all your ways acknowledge him, .........................................Grovel daily to absent delusion,
and he will make straight your paths. .....................................and you might trick yourself into thinking there's hidden meaning in your life.
Be not wise in your own eyes; ...............................................Take no credit for your education or any accomplishments;
fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. .................................fear the same absent delusion you're supposed to trust, and don't commit a myriad of harmless human acts.

Sheep:
[Image: sheep-gif-2014.gif]
Gullible
Self-righteous
and Stupid as all Fuck
[Image: Evolution.png]

You do know what a proverb is right?
(February 6, 2014 at 8:58 pm)Drich Wrote: You do know what a proverb is right?

A professional verb
(February 6, 2014 at 7:33 pm)Ivy Wrote: yup. In theory, I believed that. I just couldn't help the rebel in me.

My mother just told my grandmother I'm atheist. My grandmother asked who brainwashed me. My mother explained nobody did, I just happened to do some research and this lead me to "unbrainwash" myself, per se. My grandmother said that the Bible says that knowledge kills us and we should not be guided by what we learn, but what he says. Ha! HAAAAA! Even my mother (still undecided between theist and deist) had a good laugh.

That sounds like what my grandmother says. Just ignore everything that goes against god's teachings. If you ever start to doubt yourself, just keep reading the bible. Working backwards from a conclusion, indeed.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(February 6, 2014 at 8:58 pm)Drich Wrote: You do know what a proverb is right?
Yep.
wikipedia Wrote:A proverb (from Latin: proverbium) is a simple and concrete saying, popularly known and repeated, that expresses a truth based on common sense or the practical experience of humanity.
Do you have an alternative definition? One that doesn't make Christianity seem so...inherently self-delusional?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
My family believes I will come towards god under a tragic event. I am not sure why?
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
Re: RE: Grow a PAIR!
(February 7, 2014 at 5:20 pm)Dragonetti Wrote: My family believes I will come towards god under a tragic event. I am not sure why?

Tragic events strengthen my disbelief in Gawd.
If he existed and loved me then he would help me out. The fact that he doesn't help me out means he either doesn't exist or doesn't love me.
If he by some slim chance exists but doesn't love and help me then he can go to hell.
(February 7, 2014 at 5:52 pm)KUSA Wrote:
(February 7, 2014 at 5:20 pm)Dragonetti Wrote: My family believes I will come towards god under a tragic event. I am not sure why?

Tragic events strengthen my disbelief in Gawd.
If he existed and loved me then he would help me out. The fact that he doesn't help me out means he either doesn't exist or doesn't love me.
If he by some slim chance exists but doesn't love and help me then he can go to hell.

I agree. Again, I do not follow their belief system, so I do not have an understanding.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why does religion continue to grow? SteveII 84 12235 June 15, 2015 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Bullshit Makes The Flowers Grow Minimalist 5 2288 December 29, 2012 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Cyberman