Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Towards An Absolute Comprehesibility Conception Of God
Towards An Absolute Comprehensibility Conception Of God (I)
Throughout the world, through all civilizations and through the ages till date, the story of 'The Elephant And The Three/Six Blindmen' has been related to further reinforce the popular misconception that God can never be comprehended in His absoluteness, but only from the individual's limited relative perspective.

And this position serves as a premise for the erroneous assumption that God is a mystery, that no humam genius is all-embracing enough to be able to fully grasp the God-Head essence in His wholeness and completeness.

To sum up this faulty line of reasoning, we would infer that man's God, up till now, is nothing short of man's ignorance; put more clearly, it will be apt for us to say that man knows nothing about the God he claims to be serving.

And it follows therefore, that a God that is a mystery to man, i.e. a God that man knows nothing about, how does man know that such a Being exists?

Learn more from Jideoni-Charles to be able to know that there is God.
RE: Towards An Absolute Comprehensibility Conception Of God (I)
Okay. So lets say I accept your premise. That there is a God(s) and that s/he/they are knowable in their full glory. What now?

You have made two or three of these posts that are vague and pointless. You call yourself a teacher, teach. Let us know. I promise you our minds are open to new evidence. Thusfar you have only told us that gods are knowable as long as you define them that way.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
All that is required is evidence, something you know you don't have. Must be frustrating. The only amazing thing about this is the number of people that do fall for your shit.
I've heard the whole blind people touching an elephant story. The problem is that if we did have people that could examine the parts and reach a conclusion, they could compare notes and eventually be able to understand it. The thing is, the "elephant" isn't something we can examine. There's no control for the test. There aren't any definitive facts that we can compare. Even within the bible, the jews weren't worshiping some all knowing, present, and powerful being. What all powerful being would be threatened by a tower? What all knowing being would need to test its follower's loyalty? What all present being would need people to go out and explore a place to see if it's suitable, as with the land of milk and honey?

Second, if god is incomprehensible to us, there's no way you can say with certainty that he's good. All you can do is see how he's portrayed in the bible, compare what you think is right and wrong with what he thinks is write and wrong, and take his word for it that the things you find disgusting had some long term benefit. Or that he, heaven, and hell actually exist without having concrete evidence.

The blind men and the elephant story, like many things in the bible, fall apart when you think long enough about it.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Yuck. I feel so spammed on. Kindly take your pimp daddy Jideoni-Charles and leave now. No body cares.
Are u a TOOL?
You see God, I see the future.

Towards An Absolute Comprehesibility Conception Of God (II)
But to us, as it has been depicted by the lone tenth blindman ***, God is everything physical and non-physical, concrete and abstract, spatio-temporal and non-spatio-temporal, finite and infinite;

God is all things put together. a God that is the absolute cannot but be absolute in comprehension and comprehensibility, centripetally and centrifugally.

All things severally considered are relative and, as such, relativized; but all things, integrally considered together, are absolute, therefore irrelativized in comprehensibility.

And so, man is endued with the native ability to gain an absolute comprehension of God in His absoluteness physically via phenomenal experience, intelectually via noetic experience, psychically via intuitive experience and spiritually via illumination or cosmic consciousness.

***'Who Is This God?' by Jideoni-Charles has a high promise of affording the reader a completely novel approach to appreciating God, His laws and His will, as a new and perfect brand of trinitarian principle.
RE: Towards An Absolute Comprehesibility Conception Of God (II)
So, like, could you not create a separate thread for every fragment of a paragraph that you have? You're already on shaky ground as it is by advertising, you could at least keep it all locked up in one thread, to cut down on mess.

At least, I have no doubt that's how the rest of the mod team would prefer this shake out.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: Towards An Absolute Comprehesibility Conception Of God (II)
Sorry,

I didn't mean to advertise. I just couldn't find a convenient means of relating the story of 'The Elephant And The Ten Blindmen' of the new dispensation.

In this story, the tenth blindman was granted his sight, having refused to touch the elephant.

While he depicts the new-age religion, i.e. The Universal Religion, the rest symbolize all the world religions/schools of thoughts, e.g. Atheism.