Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 5:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fracking accident, thanks to Chevron. How do they respond? Free pizza coupons.
Fracking accident, thanks to Chevron. How do they respond? Free pizza coupons.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attyt...on-us.html

The title says it all. There was a fracking accident in Pennsylvania that resulted in an intense fire that lasted five days, posed a serious risk to rescue workers, shook the ground of Bobtown and likely killed one of their own workers. How do they make it right? Send the people of the town coupons for a free pizza.

Remind me again why we trust these people to regulate themselves?
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Fracking accident, thanks to Chevron. How do they respond? Free pizza coupons.
[Image: 4234705937_37d34b7590-1.jpg]
Video 
RE: Fracking accident, thanks to Chevron. How do they respond? Free pizza coupons.
Just more proof that free communism is the only rational political philosophy.
No "ism" works. No one has all the answers.
(February 18, 2014 at 2:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No "ism" works. No one has all the answers.

Yep.

I'm not totally against capitalism, but I'm against Laissez-Faire Captalism. Someone needs to be able to come in and control and regulate those company when they do shitty things.

But, beyond that, I think the most important thing is to be adult enough to understand that different situations need different solutions and change the system as the situation requires.

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(February 18, 2014 at 2:57 pm)TaraJo Wrote:
(February 18, 2014 at 2:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote: No "ism" works. No one has all the answers.

Yep.

I'm not totally against capitalism, but I'm against Laissez-Faire Captalism. Someone needs to be able to come in and control and regulate those company when they do shitty things.

But, beyond that, I think the most important thing is to be adult enough to understand that different situations need different solutions and change the system as the situation requires.
Anarchist communism already provides a solution to all these problems. Combine that with eugenics & you have the perfect catch-all solution.
(February 18, 2014 at 3:03 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote: Anarchist communism already provides a solution to all these problems. Combine that with eugenics & you have the perfect catch-all solution.

Sure. Catch all. Except that you have never pointed out a single attempt at either anarcho-anything that's been stable and safe and lasted more than 50 years and you have also never given a single example of attempted eugenics that has ever been anything other than monsterous. So, you know, once you get past little problems like that, you got a solid plan.

(February 18, 2014 at 3:53 pm)TaraJo Wrote:
(February 18, 2014 at 3:03 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote: Anarchist communism already provides a solution to all these problems. Combine that with eugenics & you have the perfect catch-all solution.

Sure. Catch all. Except that you have never pointed out a single attempt at either anarcho-anything that's been stable and safe and lasted more than 50 years and you have also never given a single example of attempted eugenics that has ever been anything other than monsterous. So, you know, once you get past little problems like that, you got a solid plan.
By combining them I get past the problems inherent in both of them.
(February 18, 2014 at 7:22 pm)EgoRaptor Wrote:
(February 18, 2014 at 3:53 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Sure. Catch all. Except that you have never pointed out a single attempt at either anarcho-anything that's been stable and safe and lasted more than 50 years and you have also never given a single example of attempted eugenics that has ever been anything other than monsterous. So, you know, once you get past little problems like that, you got a solid plan.
By combining them I get past the problems inherent in both of them.

Sure you do. Such as the human tendency for people who desire power to commit atrocities to achieve it.
Mmm, pizza. What are people so angry about? They just got a free pizza Tiny Tiger

What, was it to a shitty pizza place? 0__o
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People do not know how close they really are until they start a war with somebody WinterHold 5 935 October 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Thanks for Saddling Us With This Moron, Snowflakes Minimalist 19 1136 June 7, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Chelsea Manning, a hero, thanks Obama Foxaèr 3 1104 June 9, 2017 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  So will Trump and his supporters understand that they won't always get what they want NuclearEnergy 0 953 April 29, 2017 at 7:25 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  They can have my c*ck when they pry it from my cold dead hand... Doubting Thomas 19 4316 March 14, 2017 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Thanks, Drumpfucks.... Minimalist 0 602 December 14, 2016 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Thanks for Pissing Away Millions On a Witch Hunt Minimalist 3 595 June 30, 2016 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Why do women slut shame men? They should slut shame women more than they already do Errol Monite 148 17094 June 2, 2016 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  If Americans Are Stupid Enough To Fall For This - They Deserve Whatever They Get. Minimalist 57 11253 April 5, 2014 at 1:39 am
Last Post: KUSA
  The end of free speech and free protest in the UK Gooders1002 3 1424 January 31, 2014 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist