Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone been following Twitch Plays Pokemon?
Has anyone been following Twitch Plays Pokemon?
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

I don't know why I find this so interesting.

An open source site started playing pokemon red. The catch is, they let anyone in chat play along by typing in instructions in chat. So, for example, if you type in "Right," the game will press the 'right' button. If you type "Left," the game presses the 'left' button. It's just resulted in some really bizarre behavior. The pokemon all have strange names like "AATTVVV" and "AA-j" and "aaabaaajss." They get through long mazes just to have their pokemon use a move that takes them to the very beginning again. Walking around ledges and through certain mazes is a nightmare. Random items are used over and over again. And going to the PC is terrifying because it's resulted in so many pokemon being deposited and/or released.

And that doesn't even get into the fan-created mythos that's been created for the game. It seems Helix Fossil has become their god, with Bird-Jesus as the savior. Eevee is the false prophet and a servant of the Dome Fossil (Dome Fossil is the devil). Yeah, it's kinda become a religion simulator.

I don't entirely get why I find it so funny, I just do.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Has anyone been following Twitch Plays Pokemon?
Has anyone found a better way to intentionally self-inflict epilepsy?
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I have been. It's the most I've been interested in Pokemon in at least a decade.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I been hearing about this a lot lately, maybe I should check it out.
PRAISE LORD HELIX! Well, it looks like they're in the home stretch at this point, only one badge to go.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 25, 2014 at 1:57 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: PRAISE LORD HELIX!

Certainly makes about as much sense as the other garbage some people worship. I mean, at least the followers of Lord Helix aren't out there, killing non-believers.

Seriously, though, Victory Road is going to take a VERY long time. I wouldn't be surprised if we get stuck there for a week.

On the bright side, they're already making plans to take on Gen 2 when they finsh this one up.

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(February 25, 2014 at 6:20 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Seriously, though, Victory Road is going to take a VERY long time. I wouldn't be surprised if we get stuck there for a week.

On the bright side, they're already making plans to take on Gen 2 when they finsh this one up.

Ice path.

They'll never get through it Smile I have serious doubts about victory road... that is: IF you can get past the ledges just getting TO it.
(February 25, 2014 at 11:47 pm)Alice Wrote: They'll never get through it Smile I have serious doubts about victory road... that is: IF you can get past the ledges just getting TO it.

Not to mention, when they black out in Victory Road, they have to go through the ledges over again. Not to mention, the boulder-pushing puzzels are going to be a nightmare. Still, they've been persistant and there doesn't seem to be any obsticle in their way that is a serious threat. Unless a large groups of haters takes over and dumps their most important pokemon or everyone gets bored and/or frustrated and give up, they're probably gonna make it.... eventually.

I decided to check it out, everyone is typing democracy and anarchy... I'm lost.
(February 26, 2014 at 12:05 am)TaraJo Wrote: Not to mention, when they black out in Victory Road, they have to go through the ledges over again. Not to mention, the boulder-pushing puzzels are going to be a nightmare. Still, they've been persistant and there doesn't seem to be any obsticle in their way that is a serious threat. Unless a large groups of haters takes over and dumps their most important pokemon or everyone gets bored and/or frustrated and give up, they're probably gonna make it.... eventually.

What if... they picked up Ratatta? Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anybody here plays Diablo 3 RoS? LastPoet 3 341 November 24, 2018 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who here plays Carcassonne? Tiberius 11 1174 August 7, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: maryfink
  Has anyone else ever played Magic Carpet 1 or 2? Edwardo Piet 6 827 October 1, 2017 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Pokémon GO! What have you caught so far? BrokenQuill92 4 639 September 18, 2016 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Pokemon go. paulpablo 111 7395 August 2, 2016 at 11:04 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Come and see me get my arse kicked on Twitch! Iroscato 6 802 September 29, 2015 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  The Black Watchmen - An ARG (has anyone tried one of these before?) Aroura 0 652 July 26, 2015 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Has anyone played R.U.S.E. Hellfire1014 2 938 September 19, 2014 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Hellfire1014
  POKEMON RUBY AND SAPPHIRE REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duke Guilmon 0 630 May 8, 2014 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: Duke Guilmon
  Skyrim's been out a while. Violet 188 62521 September 10, 2013 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Violet